Confirmed with Link: Devils extend Hischier (7 years, $7.25 AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Petr Cejka

Feb 1, 2018
7,25 M AAV with 52 points personal best and slow start this season? 3x5M sounds much better to me..

ghughes20

Jul 12, 2013
Great signing! Plus I'm loving the fact that my teenage daughter watches more hockey with me since Nico and Jack are around.

Same here, two daughter in college now. They became much more interested when the Devils drafted Nico, and mores0 with Hughes. In fact my middle daughter is now working for her college hockey team and hopes to advance to "manager" in a few years. Nico is a good ambassador for the Devils.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Same here, two daughter in college now. They became much more interested when the Devils drafted Nico, and mores0 with Hughes. In fact my middle daughter is now working for her college hockey team and hopes to advance to "manager" in a few years. Nico is a good ambassador for the Devils.
So what you guys are saying is we need some more hot, young, tight, talent on this team.

I for one welcome the nearing influx of educated young ladies at the rock with open arms. And I have a hunch Jack does too.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Scary deal, this screams the Zajac contract. Career contract based off of two decent seasons.

Yikers.

giphy.gif

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Scary deal, this screams the Zajac contract. Career contract based off of two decent seasons.

Yikers.
And as much as people bitch and complain about the Zajac contract (which has only one more year left on it after this), even right now in 2019, 34 year old Travis Zajac doesn't even have the worst contract on the team....

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
That main board thread is about 1 Rags fan, 1 Flyers fan, and 1 Pens fan (who I'm pretty sure once made a main-board thread about Guentzel being a top 10 winger in the league) constantly arguing it's a bad deal. Most of the other posters seem to think it's a good deal.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
About where we all expected. Good deal for both sides. Certainly won't hurt with the Hall negotiations to have the center he played with in his MVP year locked up for 7 years.

Winter Child

Oct 18, 2019
Amazing deal!! Even if Nico topped out as a 60 point forward with two-way play, he’d be worth 7.25 by age 22-23

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Regardless if it was a too much or a steal, I'm just happy he's gonna be with us, I love this kid! Seems these days everyone is under speculation of leaving NJ when the opportunity comes. So it's refreshing that someone actually wants to play for the Devils. And when it's a talent like Nico who is also a wonderful person it feels twice as good.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Regardless if it was a too much or a steal, I'm just happy he's gonna be with us, I love this kid! Seems these days everyone is under speculation of leaving NJ when the opportunity comes. So it's refreshing that someone actually wants to play for the Devils. And when it's a talent like Nico who is also a wonderful person it feels twice as good.

Which is another reason why its so weird that Zajac gets so much hate. One of the few guys that chose to be here.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Which is another reason why its so weird that Zajac gets so much hate. One of the few guys that chose to be here.

In an odd way Zajac gets the heat precisely BECAUSE him and Greene and the only ones who stayed from the good years. So he got blamed for the downfall after the others skipped out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad