Confirmed with Link: Devils extend Hischier (7 years, $7.25 AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hell yes to this! Outstanding deal!

So pumped this got done early on. Glad Nico is going to be here for such a long time. Let's go bowling!

giphy.gif

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
How did our beat writers not have any info on this?

I'm not sure why people always look to this, but our beat writers are fairly new and likely don't have the sources that more credible journalists like LeBrun do.

Since nothing official has been announced yet, they're likely waiting until that is the case. LeBrun has sources, and wouldn't share this unless it was expected.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Good deal for both sides. Nico probably could have pressed for more but he got a good number, set himself financially for life, and can sign another huge deal in 7 years.

Devils have Nico at a decent number now but what hopefully will be a nice bargain for the back half of the contract.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
You mean the one busy practicing her handwriting or some rando at nj.com?

Man I miss Tom.

The one "practicing her handwritting" works for the team. Hardly a beat writer. She isnt going to be breaking news unless she is asked to. The beat writers are Chris Ryan and Abbey Mastracco whom are both no where near as good as time. But Chris is getting better I feel like. Abbey seems disinterested to me, she takes neutral journalism to a whole other level. She feels like a baseball beat writer forced into hockey and she doesnt really care.

They are different because Chris and Abbey dont work for the team like Amanda does.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Great news for us Devils fans! Really, really happy about this.

* Does that 3rd year have anything to do with Hughes’s potential new deal after his ELC comes to an end?

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad