Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Necas on Jack's wing could be fantastic. If the price is #10 that value is fair as well.

The contract is where it gets iffy and how to make the money work.

But it seems like Fitz wants Keefe to have a contending team to work with in year 1

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Love Novo but I don't think he'd know lol

So then it would work, would 2 pretty nasty PP units tbh lol

Yeah I mean I think he’s really good and the PP and the top 6 would go crazy with him but we better be f***ing winning the Cup next year. The bottom 6 would already have to be thrown with a shoestring budget next year and that’d only get worse with Luke and then Nemec’s deals

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Necas on Jack's wing could be fantastic. If the price is #10 that value is fair as well.

The contract is where it gets iffy and how to make the money work.

But it seems like Fitz wants Keefe to have a contending team to work with in year 1
Not sure we need another expensive forward. Would prefer to see us add more depth

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We should be adding size to the top 6 no?

How is Necas on puck retrievals and board work?
Yeah it seems like a luxury purchase to me if that's the way Fitz really wants to go. We need a legit top LHD and a banger who can score up front a hell of a lot more than another streaky finesse forward. Either of those guys I'd trade #10 for. Otherwise f*** this bullshit and make the pick.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I just don’t think Necas is the type of player we need, in play style or the number he’ll sign for. It’s probably a bs report.
Even a guy like Necas, I don't watch him enough to really know what kind of player he is, but as a fast #3 center I think he'd be a great fit, but as you say, the contract just wouldn't work.

In truth even as a top 6 winger I like getting back to the speed aspect, but again the contract. Do good teams have 3 $8+mil wingers?

Still seems kind of funny how many players this pick has been involved with.

Reactions: NJDevs26

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
We should be adding size to the top 6 no?

How is Necas on puck retrievals and board work?

He plays for RBA in Carolina, all their guys are tremendous in that regard

I do think Fitz wants a Toffoli replacement. He traded for Toffoli for a reason and I don't think he has moved off wanting a scoring winger for that spot

Necas is nothing like Toffoli as a player which makes me wonder if they have buyers regret from getting slower last year with that trade

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Yeah it seems like a luxury purchase to me if that's the way Fitz really wants to go. We need a legit top LHD and a banger who can score up front a hell of a lot more than another streaky finesse forward. Either of those guys I'd trade #10 for. Otherwise f*** this bullshit and make the pick.
I was about to disregard this comment, thinking we have Luke who will be a legit top LHD soon enough, but say Necas cost us the #10 oa and $8m per? Yeah I think I'd rather make that trade for a high end LHD locked up at $8m per.

Reactions: Guadana

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I was about to disregard this comment, thinking we have Luke who will be a legit top LHD soon enough, but say Necas cost us the #10 oa and $8m per? Yeah I think I'd rather make that trade for a high end LHD locked up at $8m per.
Even if I give you Luke, Siegs is a bottom pairing D at this point. Maybe Pesce fills that role on D, maybe he can't but either way they do have to replace Bahl with an upgrade.

Reactions: devilsblood

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Patrik Elias is a huge Necas supporter. Fellow Czech. I’m buying this rumor stock as fully legit.

Whether you agree or not Elias has a significant voice in front office and Fitz’s ear. He uses analytics but also trusts the hockey guys to make blended informed decisions.

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
Maybe Necas can play the hybrid Center role like Haula did on a line with Hughes? I assume though they would want someone far more defensively responsible to to do that though.

Reactions: woody footbreaker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad