GDT: Devils @ Coyotes - 10:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
At least I don't have to hear about how we should have drafted Heiskanen (or Pettersson) over him at first overall anymore.

I remember getting called out for calling this season Nico’s best when his ppg was only slightly better than his rookie year - as if that’s all that matters.

Reactions: Bleedred

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
Nico is a terror to defend when he commits to going to the net. I feel like early in the season he was often pulling up on rushes and running himself out of options more often than not. He is a man on a mission right now.

100% agree. He was so tentative / unconfident in the beginning of the year. Something switched and he felt comfortable to try and beat guys 1 on 1 and its made a world of difference in his game and his ability to have those cutbacks actually work (cause the defender is afraid he may otherwise actually just go to the net).

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Boqvist 204th in 5v5 P/60 and T187th in 5v5 pts over the past 2 months since being moved to the 3C with a 54% xGF and 56% HDCF. Hopefully he finds some special teams utility to up his impact even more but as of now he's been a great 5v5 3C for 2 months now. Even before that his play at the wing was massively improved since Christmas too.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
After a BRUTAL start for him to boot. So much more potential in him.
Dude has played A LOT of hockey in the last year. Surprising he found his high to end the season, but at some point, a drop in production was to be expected.

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
year after year the gift that just keeps on giving and giving over and over again

the glorious failures of the phoe......er,.......arizona coyLOLtes

the standard that all teams in the league should strive to be!

:scared:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
After a BRUTAL start for him to boot. So much more potential in him.

I'll admit was skeptical of Shara when he had a slow start to this season. And I still don't think he will ever be the guy driving the play for his line.

But his recent high-level play and scoring pace have shown that he has the offensive skill to merit a top 6 spot, and he can clearly keep up with and develop chemistry with both Hughes and Hischier. That's valuable in itself.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I'll admit was skeptical of Shara when he had a slow start to this season. And I still don't think he will ever be the guy driving the play for his line.

But his recent high-level play and scoring pace have shown that he has the offensive skill to merit a top 6 spot, and he can clearly keep up with and develop chemistry with both Hughes and Hischier. That's valuable in itself.
Kid has some skill and can shoot the puck. I agree with you, he doesn’t need to drive his line, he just needs to score. He does that regularly. He’s a legit 25-30 goal scorer.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

He's not going to be the guy driving the bus just like Holtz won't. He doesn't need to be though when we already have 3 really high end playdrivers and a strong chance for a 4th. Then also Boqvist looks like maybe he could be a good one for the 3rd line if you need to move Yegor down. Yegor's a really great complementary scorer and one that doesn't need the PP to produce either. He's a high end 5v5 producer which is really really valuable

Camille the Eel

That Nico’s stayed healthy this season is great. He had a lot of injuries after the initial season with Hall. There was the broken leg working out (and maybe a broken jaw another time). There was the season that ended with him maybe breaking, at least bruising ribs on a hit from Jamie Benn. But he’s nearly playing all 82 this year. That’s huge.

Bratt too has stayed mainly healthy this year for the first time.

The first goal, setting up Zetterlund - that was just a magnificent play by Nico. Not just the lacrosse like catch, but the toe drag that fakes Kessel (was it Kessel) out of his skates was amazing.

And while we didn’t score on the power plays on the first and second, I thought we were so much more determined and forceful with the man advantage tonight, playing with so much more pace and urgency than I’ve seen us for a long time. Maybe all year. That’s something that’s been missing all season. And it makes all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad