Devils cleared to spend to the cap next season

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Click bait article.

Shero never explicitly said that. Just said that he has the ability to (and always has) but it has to make sense.

Made little sense two years ago to sign UFAs when they would've only made a marginal difference in how good the team was and killed us cap wise years later.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Click bait article.

Shero never explicitly said that. Just said that he has the ability to (and always has) but it has to make sense.

Made little sense two years ago to sign UFAs when they would've only made a marginal difference in how good the team was and killed us cap wise years later.

I think it's worth highlighting even so. Too many media outlets talk about us as being a budget team, even though Shero has said the opposite right from day one.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Tavares to NJ I guess.

Makes way too much sense. Gets to live the same lifestyle as now, only not for a Micky mouse organization.
What a joke coming from a Canucks fan. An organization that has been around since 1970 and has won absolutely nothing. Not to mention losing to the NY Islanders in the Stanley Cup.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
What a joke coming from a Canucks fan. An organization that has been around since 1970 and has won absolutely nothing. Not to mention losing to the NY Islanders in the Stanley Cup.

What does the canucks have to do with the Islanders losing their franchise player for NOTHING?

Enjoy mediocrity.

gbislander

Sep 21, 2015
What does the canucks have to do with the Islanders losing their franchise player for NOTHING?

Enjoy mediocrity.

A Canucks fan telling another fan to "enjoy mediocrity." Haha, alright then. And yea, this article is silly. Ray Shero will do (and is allowed to) what Ray Shero wants to do for the benefit of the team. Not news worthy.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Tavares is one of those players that you sign at any cost and figure the rest out later. Ryan and all that other crap, stay away. New Jersey is in a great spot. Don’t f*** it up!

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
lol Shero having a ton of cap space could end poorly for Devils fans. Maybe he got his countless blunders out of his system in Pittsburgh. I hate him so much, I think he single handedly cost the Pens a cup or two with his incompetence.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Cap space is like storage space in your house. Whenever you find or clear some, you immediately fill it with junk.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
People think because he says he loves living in the NY area it's a perfect fit. The guy would gladly leave the area for the right opportunity.

Well, if proximity is the selling point, then he might as well just re-sign with the Islanders. Doesn’t get any closer than that.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
I don't think Tavares would be a good fit in New Jersey play style wise. Tavares slows the game down. What the Devils have going for them is that they are one of, if not the fastest team in the NHL. The money they spend on Tavares could be better spent elsewhere especialy if Karlsson is available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad