Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

giphy.gif

Dont show this to the Haula haters

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
He's not floating in my eyes, he's just playing with 0 confidence and he's tentative. I don't see him floating, I see him trying, skating, but overthinking plays and gripping the stick too hard. We're 4 games into the season and 4 games post surgery for him. It's too early for me to panic or see this as something bigger. It's fine if we don't agree though, I probably won't be swayed to the other side when it comes to this subject.
I have no clue what you’re watching then. Go watch Jack Hughes highlights and tell me if you once saw him get anywhere close to the speed he gets to in a lot of those tonight. I can tell you. Not even close. The speed he’s playing the game at right now is miles slower than him at his best and I’ve seen it a lot of times before now.

It’s not potentially something bigger because he isn’t gonna pick it up at some point. He almost certainly is. It’s potentially a bigger issue because these phases come back far too often. Once he starts playing well again is he gonna fall back to this the second he takes a decent knock? That’s what seems to happen and it’s not a good thing.

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Just how many episodes does this series have now? a billion? lol
You know, I took an extended break (few years) from anime but am jumping back on the wagon soon

I think One Piece is up to 1200+? I do, though, believe this coming arc is the last one.. albeit itll be very long

• Wow
Reactions: glenwo2

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I’m surprised Kovacevic and Siegenthaler are bringing up the rear on that chart.

By the eye test, I thought they had a decent game. Maybe they were playing hard minutes, the broadcast did mention that they were unexpectedly leading the defense in ice time.

Looking at the breakdown they were still a positive defensively. It's the lack of offense that dragged them down. The dots are also quality of linemates/competition adjusted and that brings them up slightly

Last edited:

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Hatakka is out for a long time right? Yeah I'm not sure who you have sit up here as the 7th if/when everyone is healthy
I honestly think by the time Luke is back which is a ways away Nemec will be playing well and stay in over Kovacevic. Kovacevic’s role and importance will already be diluted the second Pesce steps back into the lineup.

It will be a question of who is RD3 and Nemec will likely be given the benefit of the decision if he is back to playing well.

Reactions: My3Sons

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
just based on deployment I think it will be Casey coming out when Pesce comes back. If they don't want to break the top 4 they could probably put Pesce back in on the third pairing with Nemec since Pesce's played on the left side before and that may help ease back in with an easier deployment. It'll be interesting to see what they do when Hughes comes back but who knows if everyone will be healthy by then and by then there may be different viewpoints on individual players anyway.

I don't think there's much to gain for Nemec in the AHL either and would be pretty surprised if the Devils sent him there.

Reactions: Triumph

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I’m surprised Kovacevic and Siegenthaler are bringing up the rear on that chart.

By the eye test, I thought they had a decent game. Maybe they were playing hard minutes, the broadcast did mention that they were unexpectedly leading the defense in ice time.

Looking at the breakdown they were still a positive defensively. It's the lack of offense that dragged them down. The dots are also quality of linemates/competition and that brings them up slightly
Ya they had the tough minutes, handled it well and weren’t all that bothered or setup to get involved offensively. Perfectly solid game from them. Happy to see Siegenthaler playing solid hockey.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I am curious to see if they want to have a pure shutdown pair. That could affect the Kovacevic vs Nemec decision.

If they do it’s more likely Kovacevic unless they think Nemec can play that role or are gonna play Luke and Nemec together (not against this at all)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad