Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
20240930_210757.jpg

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Alright, that was a solid win in my books. Rough first, very good second, good second half of the third.

Learn to not allow early/late goals.
Great game Cotter.
Great game Tatar.
Great game Noesen.
Great game Nico.

Love this win. Gutsy end to the game, kept it pretty low event against a team who has given us a lot of trouble over the years, during their home opener.

LGD!

Recap:

CF%: 50.86%
SCF%: 50%
HDCF%: 57.14%
xGF: 3.09
xGA: 2.51
xGF%: 55.14%
Shots: 33-32 NJ

You missed great game Haula (3assist)

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I mean they entirely are given pretty much every player goes through them. And they get incredibly dragged out and overused here. If he isn’t playing well it’s assumed he’s injured. Despite the fact that even his energy and the basics are incredibly different when he’s playing well or not.

There’s is no reason he shouldn’t be at the very least flying around the ice and skating well right now. That’s when he’s at his best, has nothing to do with his shoulder, and he has had all summer to get ready.
There is no assumption to be made about his health since last year. He was injured and he got surgery. That matters in my eyes. He has not been good to start the year, I've acknowledged that and I agree. His confidence looks pretty low and he's tentative. If he's still like that in games 20-25 I'll get worried.

Reactions: Devils731

lightsout

Jul 27, 2007
i'm from croat background... parents and grandparents... but i born here
I know several people from Serbia. Also a guy from Montenegro that is a mariner that I see every few years when he comes to the Philadelphia port. They all still live in their home countries. They have sent me and my kids a few random jerseys from Montenegro and Partizan.

Also have a friend who grew up and was raised in Macedonia but lives here in the midwest now.

I'm always getting offers to come visit, but it's hard with little kids.

Reactions: Lou is God

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
No way Kovacevic is coming out. The guy is a gamer at D....

Also, the guy is almost the size of MacDermid when seeing him at ice level. Guys that big that play that hard on D..... Adds a lot for this team. Rotating him and Dillon on shifts makes a presence.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Ya, before the season I would have said Kovacevic comes out when Pesce is back. But no way that happens now with how he’s playing.

Kovacevic stays in for sure

Dillon-Hamilton
Siegenthaler-Kovacevic
Hughes-Pesce

That might be what we roll with if we get to full health on the back end. Maybe you switch Siegs and Dillon but it’s hard to break up Siegs and Kovy if they keep this up

Reactions: Saugus

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
There is no assumption to bee made about his health since last year. He was injured and he got surgery. That matters in my eyes. He has not been good to start the year, I've acknowledged that and I agree. His confidence looks pretty low and he's tentative. If he's still like that in games 20-25 I'll get worried.
Sure you can never assume anything about anyone’s helath but we love to assume whenever he is playing bad it’s because of his health.

Regardless, you are missing my main point. If you put a game of Jack Hughes playing well and a game like tonight side by side. The most obvious thing/difference you would notice is his skating. He plays well when he’s flying around the ice. Right now he’s floating and that has nothing to do with his shoulder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad