Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Kovacevic stays in for sure

Dillon-Hamilton
Siegenthaler-Kovacevic
Hughes-Pesce

That might be what we roll with if we get to full health on the back end. Maybe you switch Siegs and Dillon but it’s hard to break up Siegs and Kovy if they keep this up
Nemec and Casey could cook in the AHL. Nemec will be back sooner rather than later though. Not sure if Kovacevic keeps on being as solid.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Casey is simply making too many basic mistakes to keep him in the lineup with Pesce coming back.

Kid has that offensive spark, but he needs seasoning. Keefe pretty much stopped playing him so he seems to agree.

Nemec with a vet partner probably stabilizes, but he is still the last odd one out when Luke returns.

Just impossible to sit Kovacevic right now.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Sure you can never assume anything about anyone’s helath but we love to assume whenever he is playing bad it’s because of his health.

Regardless, you are missing my main point. If you put a game of Jack Hughes playing well and a game like tonight side by side. The most obvious thing/difference you would notice is his skating. He plays well when he’s flying around the ice. Right now he’s floating and that has nothing to do with his shoulder.
He's not floating in my eyes, he's just playing with 0 confidence and he's tentative. I don't see him floating, I see him trying, skating, but overthinking plays and gripping the stick too hard. We're 4 games into the season and 4 games post surgery for him. It's too early for me to panic or see this as something bigger. It's fine if we don't agree though, I probably won't be swayed to the other side when it comes to this subject.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Casey is simply making too many basic mistakes to keep him in the lineup with Pesce coming back.

Kid has that offensive spark, but he needs seasoning. Keefe pretty much stopped playing him so he seems to agree.

Nemec with a vet partner probably stabilizes, but he is still the last odd one out when Luke returns.

I'd agree with that. Although you may want to run 7D for a bit when luke comes back to give him an adjustment period

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
This is the type of game that last year's team loses
Especially at Washington. In fact, without looking I think they did turn a 4-2 lead after 2 into a 6-4 loss at Washington last season.

Edit: I looked it was a 4-3 lead that became a 6-4 loss at home. Not sure how I could've forgotten that game but I remember it clearly now.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

Just said it in another post but I liked Nemec’s game more tonight. Agreed Kovacevic is definitely outplaying him. Long ways away from having to make that decision though. Casey likely comes out soon once Pesce is back.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Devils better bring their A game on Monday. Utah is playing like fire.
May not wanna get embarrassed at home.
Imagine starting the year 3-0 away from NJ and 0-2 at home...actually that makes perfect sense with this team. Like Pete would say, 'tough building'

Reactions: Hisch13r

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

giphy.gif

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Cotter too.

I don't think that was sneaky but more so lamenting the Holtz usage and what could've been. I'd argue the best move he made with the trades included was the Noesen signing. Carolina losing a guy like that + he's legit better than when he left NJ the first time which is saying something because he was good in the 17-18 year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad