Pre-Game Talk: Devils Canes Round 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins?

• Total voters

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Sounds like he respects the Canes as a competitor..the fans..not so much.

I can't express how annoying it is to have to encounter that guy every year in the playoffs with a different team. WTF can't he stay on one team? Does everyone wind up hating him and trading him after 1 year? Does he act towards other teams as big a piece of shit as he does to the Canes? I did like him here but holy crap he's annoying now.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I can't remember why we're supposed to hate Haula.
he and his wife were kinda douches when they left and seems like every time we've played against him since then, especially that Nashville series, he's played like a dirty rat. I think the hate is definitely fading. I honestly don't remember noticing him in the series vs the bruins last year

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I believe the Devils PP will be a non factor.... 13/13 100% kill in the regular season, and as bad as the Islanders PP was holding them to 5% on the PP is ridiculous mode.
I swear if this jinxes us...YOU'RE DONE FOREVER!
I can't remember why we're supposed to hate Haula.
He left with kind of a douchey elitist attitude...dude put up 12G - 22PTS in 41 games and was acting pissy because he wasn't getting 1st line minutes or something...his injury held him back and he was very "meh", his attitude was poor, and he got reduced ice time/role. And there were multiple reports from Willis and others that he was not a "good fit" in the locker room, but no specifics were ever really given. Then the first game we faced him he instantly started targeting guys like Necas with cheap shots, starting shit after the whistle, and acting like a goon (despite not being tough enough to fill the role). He earned every bit of it, and it's hilarious because he acts like "I'm not the problem"...but he's on his 7th team in 7 years...

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
I swear if this jinxes us...YOU'RE DONE FOREVER!

He left with kind of a douchey elitist attitude...dude put up 12G - 22PTS in 41 games and was acting pissy because he wasn't getting 1st line minutes or something...his injury held him back and he was very "meh", his attitude was poor, and he got reduced ice time/role. And there were multiple reports from Willis and others that he was not a "good fit" in the locker room, but no specifics were ever really given. Then the first game we faced him he instantly started targeting guys like Necas with cheap shots, starting shit after the whistle, and acting like a goon (despite not being tough enough to fill the role). He earned every bit of it, and it's hilarious because he acts like "I'm not the problem"...but he's on his 7th team in 7 years...
I knocked on wood when I posted it, but I hear that if it does jinx us I'll accept a permanent ban. My wife and I actually sat across from him (his wife was quite friendly) because ironically both of us were heading to destination weddings. He was a douche and I didn't even realize he was a Hurricane until the season started and he was in the background of some photos we tool on the plane. His wife did have that miscarriage while he was a Cane but he's always been a d*ck IMO.

Last edited:

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
f*** Haula. The only dude I actually hate on the Devils. I think Hamilton is a p***y, but haula is a a malcontent bitch. Its why hes been on like 5 teams on 5 years.

Who?
This! Just like in the tweet he goes out of his way to say something negative about this fan base everytime he can.

While I dont hate him and hope that he and his family never ever have to go through something like a miscarriage again. I hope he ends the series with zero points and at some point toe picks the ice and gets a 2 week case of turf toe!

Reactions: Tryamw

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
His wife did have that miscarriage while he was a Cane
This on top that they were just having their wedding and had got their dream house set up in Vegas when the news came that he was traded to Carolina. It's hard to not attribute x amount of his hardship with Canes and as an NHLer in general to him maybe having been caught a bit more off-balance than your regular guy. They probably got some what-ifs about their miscarriage after things went that way too.

I'm inclined to give him some benefit of doubt because his Canes career started on the rocks and only went worse from there, and would wish that Canes fans just let him be. The universe is f***ing enough with him as is by always putting the Canes on his path in the NHL.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I have no idea how this series will go. But it is interesting to see the change in overall general attitude on this board from before the last series to now. Before (and even into) the Isles series I thought the general vibe was overly negative. Most were down on the Canes chances this playoff and a lot had an overall negative outlook going forward. Now, I see a lot who are more optimistic about this Cup run than I am at the moment. It's not that I'm pessimistic, I'm agnostic (that's the one where you admit you really don't know, right?)

Just an observation, it'll be interesting to see how the series actually goes.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
This on top that they were just having their wedding and had got their dream house set up in Vegas when the news came that he was traded to Carolina. It's hard to not attribute x amount of his hardship with Canes and as an NHLer in general to him maybe having been caught a bit more off-balance than your regular guy. They probably got some what-ifs about their miscarriage after things went that way too.

I'm inclined to give him some benefit of doubt because his Canes career started on the rocks and only went worse from there, and would wish that Canes fans just let him be. The universe is f***ing enough with him as is by always putting the Canes on his path in the NHL.
I dont disagree hes getting delt a shitty hand, but hey man why not try saying nothing about the Canes fan base instead of making a shit comment everytime you can?

Reactions: geehaad and Tryamw

Rad ChaLose

Aug 3, 2012
I can't remember why we're supposed to hate Haula
Wasn’t there some report/rumbling about how there was one Canes player whose personal coach or agent presented some stats/materials/justification to the coaching staff to sell them on giving their player more time, and folks assumed it was Haula?

I almost want to say a coach or someone affiliated with them team spoke about it in an interview without naming the player and was like “that’s not how we do things here”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad