Pre-Game Talk: Devils Canes Round 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins?

• Total voters

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
The Devils are a great road team this year, we need to really lock it down these first couple games. Coming out hot game 1 with fresh legs and them just 2 days removed from a game 7 will be critical to set the tone for this series. If Freddie can keep playing like he did in game 6 I'm extremely confident we can pull this one out. But that is a big ask for a guy who's been incredibly inconsistent this year...
It all depends on his health IMO as long as he doesn't retweak that lower body injury I think we see elite Freddie.... If he does it could be a bloodbath, because as good as Raanta has been if he's facing 30 shots a night we will need 4-5 goals a game to win.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Win series
Good plan I think do this thing and verify

Yeah, like I said in the round 2 thread before we knew the opponent, it's the NHL. Anything can happen. You can get strange bounces or get goalied or beaten by Paul Stastny scoring on 3 out of his 4 shots in an entire series.

But I don't think even in our current state there is some massive gap. Doesn't mean we can't get smoked though.
So kill Stastny...got it

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Going to be a tough one. They're very fast, very skilled, and their goalie is apparently finding his game.

It's not an impossible series, but I'm not holding my breath.

They aren't as skilled as they are fast. Shut down Hughes, and the rest is all bark, no bite.

Wishing the best of luck to you all, and hope you take them down decisively!

StorminSnvechnAho

Feb 15, 2021
NC
I believe the Devils PP will be a non factor.... 13/13 100% kill in the regular season, and as bad as the Islanders PP was holding them to 5% on the PP is ridiculous mode.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Canes (or at least what I would do if I were Rod) will try to suffocate the life out of games and forecheck like absolute madmen when on offense to try to generate turnovers. Try to make the result of that goals or powerplay opportunities, and hope to keep going there at a 20% or above clip. Stay out of the f***ing box, and try to frustrate New Jersey in transition. If the Canes go full 2021 Islanders I think they actually have a good chance of winning. The losses could be ugly but the only number that matters in a series is games won.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
just looking at the last 5 games of their series.

Devils were +1 in 5v5 (7 to 6)
Devils were +4 in special teams (3 PPG and 2 SHGs to 1 PPG)
Devils were +3 in 4v4 goals (3 to 0)

Rangers had 4 more shots in 5v5. Devils whopped them in HDCs almost 2 to 1, and the devils were +2 in HDGs (5 to 3). And that game 6 trouncing by the Rangers skews these numbers a little. So in their wins, they were really dominant across the board.

Meier led the squad in HDCs with 13, Hischier had 10 and Hughes had 9. Haula and Bratt were next with 8 each.

Bet you cant guess who led us with 9 HDCs in our last 5 games.

Martinook and Jarvis, Aho was next with 6, and the Fast with 5. Of course we were playing a much stronger defensive squad but it gives you a little perspective. MacEachern had 3 in his 3 games which was more than Necas and Koko had in 5 games.

StorminSnvechnAho

Feb 15, 2021
NC
Jesus the devils fans on the main board are something else what a bunch of stupid cocky motherf***ers
Mouth breathers who think every player on their roster is elite.

Remember the heated debates of 2019 and 2020 about whether Dougie is a “playoff” player, whether he can get stuck in, up his physical game, etc.?

He’s now facing one of the best, most aggressive forechecking teams in NHL history. I think this series will provide a lot of evidence toward settling that debate.
I'm fairly certain we will abuse Dougie....

Canes (or at least what I would do if I were Rod) will try to suffocate the life out of games and forecheck like absolute madmen when on offense to try to generate turnovers. Try to make the result of that goals or powerplay opportunities, and hope to keep going there at a 20% or above clip. Stay out of the f***ing box, and try to frustrate New Jersey in transition. If the Canes go full 2021 Islanders I think they actually have a good chance of winning. The losses could be ugly but the only number that matters in a series is games won.
It's notable the devils PP was 0% vs our PK in the regular season.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I need to point out that there was a bidding war for my bandwagoning services and I ended up signing with the Devils because Dundon was unwilling to include a Nubian Giraffe to go along with the 3 Reticulated Giraffes, 2 Rothschilds Giraffes and a Masai Giraffe to be named later. The Devils met those demands and threw in an Okapi as well.

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I need to point out that there was a bidding war for my bandwagoning services and I ended up signing with the Devils because Dundon was unwilling to include a Nubian Giraffe to go along with the 3 Reticulated Giraffes, 2 Rothschilds Giraffes and a Masai Giraffe to be named later. The Devils met those demands and threw in an Okapi as well.
tiffanypollard-newyork.gif

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Who is everyone's guess/ wish for our goalie tomorrow? I'm a bit tempted to see how long Good Freddie can stay hot. But I also feel like that's a trap idk

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
loki-very.gif

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

I call bullshit. Rumor has it that your close personal ties led you to give NJ the right of last refusal and that the Canes really had no chance. I believe you just used the Canes to up NJs bid. I'm told the Canes offered a more than competitive package that included one of these:

1683071249985.png

Last edited:

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Well Bye Felicia!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad