Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Isles 2-1 (No Points for you, Isles....or Rangers!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

apice3*

I liked what I saw from Matteau, but I don't expect him to be here all season.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I was at the game right behind Nabokov. I'm 90% sure Teddy just airmailed it straight over not hitting anything, it looked pretty clean.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I also thought Teddy did everything right when he did not have the puck. He was the first one back, first one forechecking, cycling well. He was great.

Devilswiss

Feb 11, 2010
Lucerne
Really good effort by the team, and as mentioned by most I think Matteau played well and I'm mainly impressed by his size. Tedenby had a good game as well, best players in my opinion were Brodeur and Clarkson tough.

Great pass by Kovy to Zajac but on another 2-on-1 Breakaway with Carter he should've shot it himself.

Don't know whose mistake it was, but obviously a big misunderstanding on who's responsible for Hamonic.
Volchenkov looked really bad on one chance, can't remember who had it, as the Islander went right by him. Should not happen to him, given that he played in the KHL.

Furthermore, call me crazy but I like to see Janssen on the ice. Dude is hitting people! :handclap:

kiwidevil

Elias is not the kind of person to be nice and say Teds played well if he didn't. So it is good to hear him say specific good things about his play.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I thought Tallinder had a strong game. Good transitional play and made many good stretch passes.

Oroku Saki*

I am the biggest Volch homer, I know but besides the Boyes step around Volchenkov was fine. Wasn't his best game but he was far from horrid. He was +2 and logged 3 minutes of PK time. The most out of all defenseman.

I thought Zidlicky struggled a little bit. I'd like to see him be more assertive with the puck.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I also thought Teddy did everything right when he did not have the puck. He was the first one back, first one forechecking, cycling well. He was great.

There were definitely times when he was lost in the D zone. I know Patty said he did well and that is high praise, but had the Isles completed a couple passes Teddy would have been burned.

He was tremendous in the O zone though.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I am the biggest Volch homer, I know but besides the Boyes step around Volchenkov was fine. Wasn't his best game but he was far from horrid. He was +2 and logged 3 minutes of PK time. The most out of all defenseman.

I thought Zidlicky struggled a little bit. I'd like to see him be more assertive with the puck.

I'm not a fan of Volchenkov but you are right, he was fine overall. Zidlicky was not bad but barely ok and only because he played well in the 3rd period. Terrific game from Tally and Fayne on the other hand.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I liked what I saw from Zajac, Teddy and the 4th line. We're looking OK, not great, but OK. Im confident that we are not a pusharound team in Atlantic vs rags, pens and flyers.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
I feel like every team is going to be shaking off a decent chunk of rust in the next two or three games. What's important in a shortened season is who shakes it off the fastest and who can put together a string of winning streaks. For us, so far so good. Some areas could use improving but I think that goes for the rest of the NHL.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I feel like every team is going to be shaking off a decent chunk of rust in the next two or three games. What's important in a shortened season is who shakes it off the fastest and who can put together a string of winning streaks. For us, so far so good. Some areas could use improving but I think that goes for the rest of the NHL.

I'd hoped for my isles, to sneak out of the gate with a W.

Nice win for NJ.

It wasn't the most entertaining game for the first half, but the second half had some nice chances for both sides.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Our offense looked "ok", Tedenby was really solid, Matteau had a solid game, Josefson will be a stud IMO, Volchenkov is our weakest link and we'd be a way better team with Larsson in the lineup.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

The only thing I noticed was in the defensive zone, he started chasing and ended up double teaming guys on occasion.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
I'd hoped for my isles, to sneak out of the gate with a W.

Nice win for NJ.

It wasn't the most entertaining game for the first half, but the second half had some nice chances for both sides.

At times the Isles almost did. I thought they played well despite the rustiness, for what it's worth. I hope you guys win your next one.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I am hoping Josefson and Tedenby have a case of the "Henriques". You know get a million good chances just just cant get it past the goalie then something happens and they breakout.

Both played well, as did Matteau. D was very good thought Greene, Fayne and Sal were the best of the group.

Marty was Marty

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Teddy is the hockey equivalent of one of these things:

clip_image001_thumb.png

CamJam managed to look decent.

Marty was great.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I felt surprisingly the exact same way
Seconded. But I wouldn`t say surprisingly and this is why. All that has been said is true (that happens from time to time :sarcasm:). Of course, DATW will tell you how Volchenkov should`ve been traded a long time ago. And that`s not something we agree nor should agree on.

Back to the point. If we see it, why should any GM trade for him and what would be coming back? That`s the right question.

Also, let`s not jump on conclusions just yet, but yes, it really felt that way.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I thought all the swedes played well for the most part. Tallinder was pretty solid and Josefson should be very well off although his knee soreness could become an issue. Tedenby seemed very energized and made some good moves. A little lost in the d zone and making a quick touch off the puck in the dzone but was fine.

Matteau and Cam were good stuff on the 4th line just throwing their body around. Hell, Cam made a nice dish to Mytoe for a good scoring chance.

Would still love another forward to help this group out though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad