GDT: Devils at Canes, 3/9 7:00PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
slacker

Actually, I'm glad that you presented the GDT as you did, because I saw a pic of Irbe checking Sykora the other day and enjoyed the excuse to repost it here.

So you're calling me a slacker for putting marginal effort into this GDT. Have you seen my others...the ones with minimal effort whatsoever? I'm actually proud that I took the time to even do that much.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
It's a shame Brodeur's not playing tonight. I so love watching his hissy fits when the greatest goalie the world has ever known gets blown up by our garbage franchise.

Oh well....no Bump-a-Marty Party tonight. Guess we'll just have to go moose hunting instead (props to PE for the image)

KcWIMJs.jpg

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
My favorite team to beat the stuffing out of... I've hated the devils since 2002, hell their boring ass trap they ran in the 90s was no fun but the hate all started with Scott ****ing stevens laying out Ronny Franchise.. Yet we still own their ass..

Go Canes!

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
My favorite team to beat the stuffing out of... I've hated the devils since 2002, hell their boring ass trap they ran in the 90s was no fun but the hate all started with Scott ****ing stevens laying out Ronny Franchise.. Yet we still own their ass..

Go Canes!

2001, and it actually started with Stevens laying out Shane Willis. People were already pissed about that hit, and then the very next game he took out Francis.

The thing is, though, if none of that had happened, the franchise arguably wouldn't be where it is today. Certainly would not have come back to win the next two games, which is what really got the ball rolling as far as fan support. Lost in game 6 to a two-minute standing ovation, then revenge against the Devils the next year, then the Cup run. None of that probably would've happened without Scott Stevens. If you're into irony.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
On the plus side of realignment, the Canes can form some actual rivalries with teams like Jersey and Pittsburgh, rather than just meeting in the playoffs once every four years.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I wanted to be his drummer when I was like 6-8.

I also wanted to start a one man band and name it "Meatloaf", but that was already taken, so I had to settle for calling it "Chicken Pot Pie"

I was always more a fan of classic rock when I was a kid, at least until Nirvana came along in the early 90s.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I was always more a fan of classic rock when I was a kid, at least until Nirvana came along in the early 90s.

My mom was//is a crazy Bon Jovi fan (I saw him live with her four times before I was 12)

As far as rock goes, I was more a fan of Alice Cooper and Twisted Sister at the time. I did like a lot of the "Glam Rock" bands to back in the day tho.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
2001, and it actually started with Stevens laying out Shane Willis. People were already pissed about that hit, and then the very next game he took out Francis.

The thing is, though, if none of that had happened, the franchise arguably wouldn't be where it is today. Certainly would not have come back to win the next two games, which is what really got the ball rolling as far as fan support. Lost in game 6 to a two-minute standing ovation, then revenge against the Devils the next year, then the Cup run. None of that probably would've happened without Scott Stevens. If you're into irony.

ahh yes, 2001 my bad.. It was on Espn 2 I think.. It was actually the first playoff series I'd watch on TV of the Canes.. Too young for the Whalers and only listened on the radio to the bruins series I think in 99? The one where Steve Chiasson died afterwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad