GDT: Devils at Bruins 19:00 ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
After watching this team this season I think I'm way more pissed now than I was during the summer when we were 2 games from winning the cup. :cry:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

If Clarkson would pass the puck rather than shoot from a mile out, not take the puck from teammates in a better scoring position, and maybe stop flopping around on the ice trying to draw calls with that constant look of astonishment and actually played like a 3rd liner being promoted to the top line then I could cut him plenty of slack. Pete is feeding his ego with more and more ice time and apparently Clarkson thinks he actually is a 1st liner at this point and a puck hog one at that.

Infuriating.

Quoted for truth :handclap:

Holy **** Zajac has been ass

I'm willing to give Zajac a free pass on his below mediocre year. If he plays the same way next year, I will be beyond pissed cause it would mean that we'd be stuck with a player that was producing mostly cause of Parise.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

You just can't be serious.

Absolutely... People saying that we dominated the Bruins seems to me that we are trying to come up with a excuse to comfort ourselves more then anything else.

We lost AND we scored zero goals... talk about domination.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008

I'm willing to give Zajac a free pass on his below mediocre year. If he plays the same way next year, I will be beyond pissed cause it would mean that we'd be stuck with a player that was producing mostly cause of Parise.

We will put Reid "the Romulin" Boucher on his wing and all will be good.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
we should really look up posts from the johnny mac era (minus the 3 kovalchuk threads)

is it logical that all of our player started sucking at the exact same time? zajac, elias, clarkson, even kovy to an extent? is that logical? or is there a bigger fundamental flaw with this team?

lets not go anguish over the zajac signing 1 year into it…step back from the ledge!

It isn't logical that all these players slump at once. But it happened that first half of that season and it has happened again so far this season. What do you think the issue is?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Which excuses ? Watch the frigging game. :laugh:

You mean the game we lost and score zero goals... oh yeah, I caught that exciting game last night.

Did your TV give you another score then mine, cause my TV said... Boston 1 Vs New Jersey 0.

Maybe my TV is ****ed up, damn Sony and their ****ed up TV's :rant:

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
rofl the positivity coming from nona is really catching me off guard. im not sure i can handle it :laugh:

I told you mofo's lol, if this team gives me something to be positive about, I'll be the first one jumping on that train. I believe last night's game was a glimmer of hope. Obviously they have to follow it up these next few games, but they played the way they need to play last night in order to have success. I strongly believe in that. They gave themselves an opportunity to win, and that opportunity was in fact there despite the bagel. The fact that it came against Boston, really stands out to me, because my biggest pet peeve of this season is the absolute **** teams that the Devils have thrown points away against.

I still believe Lou put this team in a bad spot to start the season with the lack of depth issue. The roster, while not elite, is deeper and better than it was to start the season, minus Kovalchuk of course. He could never see the injuries coming, but it was clear as day that this team had no room for a significant injury.

With that said, this team has underachieved, regardless of injuries. It's not a perfect team, but I don't give two *****. They have no business losing to some of the teams that they lose to. No excuse for it and the position they find themselves in is largely on them.

I'll throw myself out there after last night's game. If they follow that script and get some good fortune for a change, they can at least make these last 11 games interesting. The only thing now is do they have enough time? Can Kovalchuk get back fast enough to contribute? It's a real fine line. But there is no way anybody can't say that the Devils played as well as they did last night vs. any of the prior 25 games. Throw away the result on this one. They played a strong game against an elite team. Its been forever since we could say that.

I'm hoping that they figured it out, that's all. If they didn't, they'll remain a bad team. It's pretty simple.

Last edited:

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I'm actually more positive after last night as well ;)

But really, they looked good. They have to do it again this weekend and realistically win both games in order to get back into the top 8 picture. Minimum needs to be 3/4 this weekend otherwise I think we are going to be 9th or lower.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
It isn't logical that all these players slump at once. But it happened that first half of that season and it has happened again so far this season. What do you think the issue is?

well, last time it was clearly a mix of coaching/personnel (langs). this year...im hoping to god its not coaching. i dont think it is. but he has made some questionable choices.

plus, we dont have parise. that was our ace in the hole and we never addressed it. we're asking players to play outside of their comfort zone.

thats my honest guess. yours?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You mean the game we lost and score zero goals... oh yeah, I caught that exciting game last night.

Did your TV give you another score then mine, cause my TV said... Boston 1 Vs New Jersey 0.

So basically to you there's no such thing as dominating or controlling the game unless you control the scoreboard too.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

So basically to you there's no such thing as dominating or controlling the game unless you control the scoreboard too.

They played well... I wouldn't say we dominated the game, no, sorry.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

:laugh: What's the new argument now, you lost a hockey game so you've been automatically outplayed ? Sorry, that's not very convincing.

Devils scoring chances already have been enumerated and 2 other shots beat Rask but hit the post. They didn't score but they played a good game and definitely better than Boston's. We outplayed them.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I'm actually more positive after last night as well ;)

But really, they looked good. They have to do it again this weekend and realistically win both games in order to get back into the top 8 picture. Minimum needs to be 3/4 this weekend otherwise I think we are going to be 9th or lower.

Agreed, but I'd go as far as to say that they need both wins. I'm thinking 7 out of 11 gets them in at this point. Knock off two wins against teams that they should beat and you're looking at 5 out of 9 the rest of the way. It will definitely make a push more of a possibility and it will also help bring Toronto back to the 8th spot. That's key in all of this. They need to open up another spot to compete for.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

:laugh: What's the new argument now, you lost a hockey game so you've been automatically outplayed ? Sorry, that's not very convincing.

Devils scoring chances already have been enumerated and 2 other shots beat Rask but hit the post. They didn't score but they played a good game and definitely better than Boston's. We outplayed them.

Whatever makes you sleep at night. I don't think we outplayed Boston, so let's just leave it at that and move on.

Thanksciaobye :)

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

how can we dominate the game if we didnt score? i dont get it

:sarcasm:

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
lets not go anguish over the zajac signing 1 year into it…step back from the ledge!

Technically, we're not yet into it, since it kicks in next season. I still think Travis bounces back... but if he doesn't? *shudder*

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
how can we dominate the game if we didnt score? i dont get it

:sarcasm:

That's my position. I did not come away from that game thinking "man we dominated that one." I came away thinking "man we take a lot of weak wrist shots and love firing into shinpads"

The guys look disorganized entering the offensive zone and are too quick to take poor shots. Yay 40 shots, but how many were really good?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Like I said multiple times last night this isn't the game to be mad over. If we win a few, but still come up short this won't be the game that ruined our season. You can look at a few others like those Winnipeg losses, or undoubtedly the losses to the corpses in the basement in Florida. We had TB won, and scored 4 goals that game. We had the game against the San Antonio Rampage won. The best thing to feel about last nights game is we've only given up 2 goals all season long to Boston. One of the best offensive teams in the league. We just need to find a way to score more than 0.5 goals a game against them.

Those losses in Florida, and no showing the Islanders more than once might have ruined the season. Not the loss to one of the best teams in the league. It's when we were losing to all those jabroni's we were playing, and AHL teams.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

The eye test tells me the Devils played 50 times better last night than in that joke of a game in Tampa, yet we were 15 seconds from getting two points that night. The score doesn't always tell the whole story.

MountainGoat

man I wish Andy scored on that sick move he made, so frustrating because we've played well the last month but can't finish on our chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad