Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Andreas Johnsson from Toronto for Joey Anderson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
Great trade for you guys. Johnsson was injured most of this year, but had 20-20 with limited minutes and power play opportunity year before.

Leafs only motivated to move him for cap purposes

Reactions: Forge and hidek91

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Oh man, I really liked Joey. Kind of felt he could be the next Coleman-like surprise.

Hope Johnsson can bounce back. This is a good deal, though. Can't be mad.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Getting nhl talent for Anderson is a huge steal. The contract is really attractive too so if he plays well here you can def expect teams to come calling not this deadline but next. That’s if we wanted to move him at that point. Good job fitz

Reactions: glenwo2

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
To start the year.

Top 9:
Johnsson
Bratt
Boqvist
Hughes
Hischier
Palmieri
Zajac
Zacha
Gusev

Bottom 3:
Wood
McLeod
Kuokknen
Matlsev
Merkley
Foote

I like our options for the bottom 3. The top 9 could use a little beef on the top two lines. Somewhere. Foote is probably that guy, but maybe not to start.

Reactions: glenwo2

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Great trade. Anderson’s potential was pretty much what Johnsson is now. And Johnsson has more potential to get better.
Agree. We traded potential for production.

I did have Anderson slotted in as 3RW. Can Johnsson play right wing or does Merkley/Boqvist jump up and take Anderson 3RW slot.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
that's a good deal right there. Maybe Anderson becomes a 3rd liner with upside. Johnsson already is, with 2nd line upside if luck works out. Plus 3 years left? And who knows, if he's playing on our 2nd line he's getting more minutes than toronto.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
To start the year.

Top 9:
Johnsson
Bratt
Boqvist
Hughes
Hischier
Palmieri
Zajac
Zacha
Gusev

Bottom 3:
Wood
McLeod
Kuokknen
Matlsev
Merkley
Foote

I like our options for the bottom 3. The top 9 could use a little beef on the top two lines. Somewhere. Foote is probably that guy, but maybe not to start.

EA8F1833-53AA-408E-8397-9DF08EA8C603.png

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I don’t mind this trade at all but I think we could’ve gotten a dman from Vegas for that return. The cap bit we’ll be taking on for the next couple of years isn’t astronomical but let’s just hope it doesn’t hold us back in our pursuit to upgrade our blueline.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Agree. We traded potential for production.

I did have Anderson slotted in as 3RW. Can Johnsson play right wing or does Merkley/Boqvist jump up and take Anderson 3RW slot.
tough to say. I like the trade. We got a middle six guy. But I think as of right now we stand pat for anything outside of top 6. Let the young guys play and see what they got. We have a About five guys that can take a couple roster spots.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
no losers in this trade, i get why toronto had to do it. way to pounce on the opportunity, fitzgerald

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I love this because it means that Zacha and Wood can stay in the bottom six where they should be.

Reactions: Nubmer6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad