Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, I could see Mueller-Severson being the future top pair as well. Mueller, apart from his breakdancing in the o-zone, has solidified his game nicely - less hesitant, quicker and more self-assured.

I wonder if there's a deal to be made with St. Louis and what they'd want for any of the big guns there. You grab a Pietro (in decline) or a Parayko and they pair very nicely with Smith, I think.

Reactions: MichaelJ

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
So I think Kinkaid's a top goalie for the contract. Just noticed Gibson is only makin 2.3 million so he is definitely the best value for the buck.

I think Kinkaid's price has gone up since the beginning of the season prob now at 3.75-4 million over 3 years. I think he could hit 4.5-5 million if he hits his projected numbers.

currently on pace for
74 GP
43-23-9
2.58 GAA
.916 save%

obviously hitting those numbers is a long shot but definitely not out of the realm of possibility considering Kinkaid's numbers since the new year:

46 GP
30-12-4
2.54 GAA
.918 save%

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Yeah, I could see Mueller-Severson being the future top pair as well. Mueller, apart from his breakdancing in the o-zone, has solidified his game nicely - less hesitant, quicker and more self-assured.

I wonder if there's a deal to be made with St. Louis and what they'd want for any of the big guns there. You grab a Pietro (in decline) or a Parayko and they pair very nicely with Smith, I think.

He has also improved his physical game since that one game he was scratched.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey

I can't imagine either guy in STL would be available. They think they can win now and still have quite a few nice prospects on the way too. Plus I believe their fans are pretty insistent that they wouldn't move Parayko for Nylander. Not sure we have the pieces to land one of them anyways

Reactions: Oneiro

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I would like to separate Hall and Hischier. Hischier can do more with the puck on his stick than he has shown thus far - Hall is a carrier and commands respect from defenses, so Hischier obviously takes a step back in that regard to accommodate.

I think Hischier centering his own line should get a chance

Hall-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson/Coleman-Hischier-Bratt

Id love a better top 6 LW, if Zacha can be our 2C. Maybe Coleman is blooming into a 2nd line LW?

Reactions: MichaelJ

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
So I think Kinkaid's a top goalie for the contract. Just noticed Gibson is only makin 2.3 million so he is definitely the best value for the buck.

I think Kinkaid's price has gone up since the beginning of the season prob now at 3.75-4 million over 3 years. I think he could hit 4.5-5 million if he hits his projected numbers.

currently on pace for
74 GP
43-23-9
2.58 GAA
.916 save%

obviously hitting those numbers is a long shot but definitely not out of the realm of possibility considering Kinkaid's numbers since the new year:

46 GP
30-12-4
2.54 GAA
.918 save%

currently on pace for
74 GP
43-23-9
2.58 GAA
.916 save%

46 GP
30-12-4
2.54 GAA
.918 save%

I figure kk will avg 2-3 goals against for his career.... a good goalie. But avg

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Parayko would cost a ton. I'd rather see what the Kings want for Muzzin if we take a bad contract with it because they're going to be in cap hell.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
this serious? 100% of goalies will average 2-3 goals over their career.

So if everyone's doing it, that's average.
Low 2s are above avg... bc that means you had alot of 1 goal games and shutouts mixed in and very very few 3plus goals games.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If the Devils 2nd line can play like that every night, we'll be fine
I think we need at least 2 of our top 3 lines going every game to give us a good shot at winning. Too often during that road trip we only had 2 or 3 players going.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Carter Hutton might be a good comparable for Kinkaid. Their career numbers are similar, although Kinkaid is 3 years younger, so maybe he gets a little more.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
As I said a few games ago, I don't believe NJ is much worse with Yak in the lineup for Vatanen. Vatanen isn't going to age well and I hope NJ moves him while he has a perceived value.

Yakovlev, in my opinion, is an NHL defensemen and a pretty good one. Already in 4 games he appears to be positive possession player with some offense.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
As I said a few games ago, I don't believe NJ is much worse with Yak in the lineup for Vatanen. Vatanen isn't going to age well and I hope NJ moves him while he has a perceived value.

Yakovlev, in my opinion, is an NHL defensemen and a pretty good one. Already in 4 games he appears to be positive possession player with some offense.
Yakovlev's zone defense is horrendous. Worse than Severson has ever been.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Not this season, next season once Smith and Davies are pro.

Eh, I still think the best thing would be to just let him play out the contract. If the Devils want to compete next year they’ll probably need Vatanen’s production and experience. After that let him walk. Walsh might be ready to take a spot on the right side at that point too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad