Confirmed with Link: Development Camp Roster released - Camp July 12-16th

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
It would be tremendous for Wood to make the NHL right away but I'd rather he get more playing time in Albany than just get LW4 duty here.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Let's take a look at some of the new names on the list.

Jan Mandat, Kevin Rooney were signed to AHL contracts with Albany, so let's take a look at the invitees.

Forwards

Austin Cangelosi - A BC guy who, while is diminutive in stature, put up almost a PPG pace at the NCAA level

(From Anthony Noreen, head coach and GM of Youngstown Phantoms)

(from Ryan Kennedy of THN)

(from Darren Winkler, "The Video Scout")

(from Corey Pronman)

(No relation to our play-by-play announcer, Steve Cangialosi)

Chris Shero - Bring in all the BC guys! Shero really didn't get an opportunity to play for BC, only playing in 1 game on the very deep squad. Was a freshman this year, despite already being 20, so next season we'll get a better look at him. (Yes, son of Ray Shero)

Defensemen

Zach Berzolla - Howell, NJ native

(this is from a website from two years ago)

Gavin Bayreuther - Cousin of Ben Lovejoy

(from Dobber Prospects)

A smooth puck-moving defenseman who has a knack for finding passing lanes...good quarterbacking the Powerplay

Luke McInnis -

(from the same website as Berzolla)

From SBN's Jeff Cox:

Very surprised McInnis didn't get drafted. He'll be a guy to keep an eye on. (BC guy too)

Garret Cockerill - Hard to find some information on him. He's been playing at NorthEastern University and is the older brother to a draft-eligible RWer (for the 2017 draft). I'll have to watch some film on him. I'll edit this after I watch some film

Marc Biega - Merrimack teammate of 2015 draftee Brett Seney.

(from OvertheBoards)

Scott Savage - Seems to me to be a solid shutdown defenseman who doesn't play flashy or physical.

(from this website)

Really cool to hear a Howell native is invited. By any chance did he play for Howell High School? They were a solid hockey club back in my days.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Wood and Bastian are gonna stand out in physical/off ice testing. Think Wood blew away the field in the points system last year. Bastian is a big strong kid as well.

Group Chat Legend*

How does one attend this development camp? Where is it, what times, how much? Etc.

Any help appreciated!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How does one attend this development camp? Where is it, what times, how much? Etc.

Any help appreciated!

I don't think any of it is open to the public, other than next Saturday's scrimmage. At least if other days are open to the public, they haven't announced it yet.

And I don't know what they'd be waiting for to announce it, if it does become open to the public.

Group Chat Legend*

I don't think any of it is open to the public, other than next Saturday's scrimmage. At least if other days are open to the public, they haven't announced it yet.

And I don't know what they'd be waiting for to announce it, if it does become open to the public.

So how do I sneak in then?

Or who do I have to rob of their press pass?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So how do I sneak in then?

Or who do I have to rob of their press pass?

Maybe one of the best writers if you can find them. Good luck on that though, since no one knows who the beat writers even are these days!:sarcasm:

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Wednesday's 3 on 3 will have STH there but I don't know if it's open to the general public.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Saturday's scrimmage is supposed to be open to the public.
3-5pm

Anyone know when the tickets will go on sale?

Edit: Just printed mine out today. Check your accounts STHs you can probably download them the tickets for Saturday now.

Last edited:

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
Thank you for all the info. I'm very excited to see what this camp produces (I'm a big fan of Lil Cangy and hope we sign him)

Edit: didn't we sign Appleby to contract after last yrs prospect camp or was it his showing that got him an invite to the regular TC?

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Will be at the 3 on 3 tournament on Wednesday!! Will try to give my analysis that day.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
I really think this ship is turning around as quick as possible. We'll really start reaping the rewards of good drafting in the first and later rounds sooner than later.

Players drafted rounds 3 and up:
Kerfoot - Round 5
Coleman - Round 3
Speers - Round 3
Pietila - Round 5
Wood - Round 4
Boosh - Round 4

Most of these guys may not have top 6 potential, but a lot of these guys have potential to fit somewhere on an NHL team which is mind blowing to me considering its hard to draft a future NHL player after the 2nd round as it is. Also, we pretty much got Blender, Auvitu and Lappin for free. Including our first round draft picks (Zacha, JQ and Mcleod) were in pretty good shape moving forward.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I really think this ship is turning around as quick as possible. We'll really start reaping the rewards of good drafting in the first and later rounds sooner than later.

Players drafted rounds 3 and up:
Kerfoot - Round 5
Coleman - Round 3
Speers - Round 3
Pietila - Round 5
Wood - Round 4
Boosh - Round 4

Most of these guys may not have top 6 potential, but a lot of these guys have potential to fit somewhere on an NHL team which is mind blowing to me considering its hard to draft a future NHL player after the 2nd round as it is. Also, we pretty much got Blender, Auvitu and Lappin for free. Including our first round draft picks (Zacha, JQ and Mcleod) were in pretty good shape moving forward.

Almost every team in the league has late round prospects like the ones you listed...

Expecting most to potentially make the NHL is unrealistic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad