Confirmed with Link: Development Camp Roster released - Camp July 12-16th

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
So, missing 3 guys from the latest draft class - the 2 Russians as well as the 7th rounder Davies.

Mozik is a bit of a surprise not to see on the list.

I also thought Rehill would be in camp.

Rehill and Chatham were not signed.

I also thought Davies should be there.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Kerfoot also would have to pay his own way but that probably isn't a problem. Also Kerfoot isn't a likely candidate to become a Vesey. There are huge question marks about his reliance on Vesey considering he put up 30 assists and only scored 4 goals in 33 games.

I'm really excited about Wood. His ability to produce points need to be worked on but his tool box of size and speed is something else. His puck pursuit is special. I see his floor as a good 4th line winger while his ceiling is a really good middle six complimentary winger. Excited to see what he can do with a year in Albany.

I see a lot of Chimera in Wood.

Would love to have a player like that and that is exactly what Shero/Hynes seem to be looking for.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Rooting for the Howell kid since l live on the Freehold/Howell border. I'm sure the kid played at American hockey and Brick. I'll be keeping an eye out.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Anyone have the lists of the players # were from camp last year? I see that Auvitu has the lowest number on defense, and I recall in the past that players with lower numbers tend to be much more NHL ready in the eyes of the staff.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Lots of interesting guys. Hope Zacha gets a chance to play but it doesn't sound like it.

Looking forward to seeing what some of these dmen can do.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Also Fitzgerald gave an interview today specifically mentioning Lappin, Wood, and Blandisi having a shot to make the team. I thought the Wood mention was specifically interesting. Said he likes his recklessness.

Gave lots of praise to Lappin, calling him one of if not the best forward for Albany in the playoffs.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lappin and Wood have the energy to make the 4th line and those positions aren't really locked down yet (don't think JJ or Kalinin are guranteed jobs right now)

Lappin has a better shot bevause of the low RW depth.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Am I mistaken that players who were passed over in the recent draft must go through the draft next season, and can't be signed?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is Kerfoot even in Albany yet? Seems like he was drafted like 5 years ago already. I know he hasn't played in Albany yet, but will he this year?

And he was drafted in 2012. I always get some of the later round picks from 2010-2013 confused with what years they were picked in. Obviously I know Santini was in 2013 and Boucher in 2011. But Santini was round 2 and our first pick that year. I do get a lot of the guys from those years in rounds 3 and up confused on what year they were selected in though.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Am I mistaken that players who were passed over in the recent draft must go through the draft next season, and can't be signed?

Depends on where they played last season. If they played (exclusively) in North America, then they could sign ELCs and forgo the draft. It's not unusual to see a handful of undrafted guys earn ELCs. Philippe Myers got one with Philadelphia last year and Columbus did it with Kole Sherwood. Martin Jones is probably the most notable guy who went undrafted (2008) but earned an ELC as a prospect camp invite and didn't have to go back into the draft.

Usually a bit easier to do it with the CHL guys since they can sign contracts and go back to their junior clubs. NCAA players would be giving up their eligibility to sign a deal.

If a guy played in Europe last season, he's not allowed to be signed. I know that the Kings had Radko Gudas as an undrafted invitee for their 2009 camp and they really liked him, but he was off limits. The Flyers goofed and tried to sign Tomas Hyka, but the league rejected the contract. Ditto the Oilers with Vladimir Tkachev a couple years back (Tkachev had played a couple of games in Russia before jumping to the QMJHL).

From a quick scan of our invite list, I think only McInnis/Berzolla have remaining draft eligibility anyways.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Little OT, but for those of you that are down at the scrimmage next Sat, wonder if the Marty statue is up in Championship Plaza yet, assuming that was their plan? May have missed if they announced what they planned on doing with it eventually after this past season

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Guessing Davies has to pay his own way? Isn't that why Kerfoot isn't going?

Kerfoot's dad is a multi-millionaire - he's one of the co-owners of the Vancouver MLS team. I don't think money is keeping him away.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Somewhat bold prediction:

I think we're going to see Auvitu make the team out of camp. I don't know why but I just have good feeling about his game. I think he's as good as Moore is right now, maybe not as smooth skating but he is a fantastic PMD.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Lappin and Wood have the energy to make the 4th line and those positions aren't really locked down yet (don't think JJ or Kalinin are guranteed jobs right now)

Lappin has a better shot bevause of the low RW depth.

Agree and hope we see something like that before the season is over.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey

I think we're going to see Auvitu make the team out of camp. I don't know why but I just have good feeling about his game. I think he's as good as Moore is right now, maybe not as smooth skating but he is a fantastic PMD.

He has the skating and the skill we are looking for so he has a decent chance.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Merrill's shoulder injury is expected to keep him out of camp and the first few weeks of the season. Auvitu will probably be competing with Helgeson for an opening night spot barring any additional signings. Hopefully Auvitu seizes the spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad