Proposal: Detroit - Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Leafs are looking at this decision during the summer and for more value and impact that this deal. You'll have to fix this deal up a little bit differently.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
We have more than enough cap space and if you give me a 7M player who plays like a 7M player? I'm jumping for joy.

The cap space goes quickly. Especially if you start using it too soon. The way Seider,Raymond are playing they will probably be over 7 million dollar players. We get some lottery luck with Wright or another good player you bet they could be over 7 million dollar players. That cap space needs to be used wisely

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
The cap space goes quickly. Especially if you start using it too soon. The way Seider,Raymond are playing they will probably be over 7 million dollar players. We get some lottery luck with Wright or another good player you bet they could be over 7 million dollar players. That cap space needs to be used wisely

By the time Nylander's contract is up... Seider is still going to be on his ELC. Raymond is going to still be on his ELC. Shane Wright will still be on his ELC. Zadina will be an RFA and will probably get in the neighborhood of 2M.

William Nylander's caphit is not a reason to not have interest in him.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
a highly paid player vs a player that is cost controlled and giving up a second to bail Toronto out of cap trouble isn’t appealing to me

What value is there in having a cost-controlled player if he's not producing?

Nylander would be Detroit's top line RW, and likely produces at about a point-per-game in that role

I understand the appeal of sticking with your young former 1st rd pick, but he's had a rather disappointing NHL career to date, and I think it's safe to say that Nylander is viewed as the more valuable asset at this point

So, I think Detroit would be better positioned simply by accepting the trade in the OP, and then flipping Nylander for more than what they gave up for him...

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I don't understand the meaning of this exchange for Detroit (UFA 2024 player). If the player stays in Detroit.
The tasks of the club are different now. The phone numbers of Toronto managers must be kept in contact. Such an exchange may make sense in 2-3 years (with other players).

I think Detroit's participation in the exchange makes sense in 2 cases:
Maybe in the role of a third team to save part of the salary. For a good price.
Maybe for a more profitable exchange on a deadline.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Don't get the idea of Zadina fitting to Leafs Cup window, if there ever is a one.

Could see Fabbri going to Leafs before Zadina.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Zadina? You must be kidding.

He doesn’t carry anything close to this kind of value. He’s an underwhelming player and looks like just another of the many uninteresting players from the 2018 1st round.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Huge win for Detroit.
I take that.
I run Nylander at C.

He's a horrible C tbh. He played C in game 5 against Columbus and was absolutely exploited the entire game. Great winger though on a great deal.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
By the time Nylander's contract is up... Seider is still going to be on his ELC. Raymond is going to still be on his ELC. Shane Wright will still be on his ELC. Zadina will be an RFA and will probably get in the neighborhood of 2M.

William Nylander's caphit is not a reason to not have interest in him.

If we don’t get Wright, this is on you, my friend. You just jinxed us.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Paying a 2nd to upgrade Zadina to a player who actually scores? Done.

I can't imagine objecting because a trade might save MLSE or whoever some money. But then, I guess I care more about whether a trade improves the team I support than the potential benefits to another team.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad