Speculation: Detroit shopping Justin Holl?

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Yzerman only signed him for RHD depth cause Petry wasnt avaiable yet

Hes not that bad honestly, toronto he was top 4 which is a bad idea especially with their media lol

He does lay the body is and decently physical. His skating is pretty bad, but He pinches sometimes along the boards to keep plays alive. 2 more years after this one @ 50% retained (1.7 million) for a 6 foot 4 RHD isnt awful in the bottom pairing. Def an upgrade from last years Robert Hagg lol

Id think he goes to a team who just needs NHL bodies on the right side D,
Justin Holl @ 25% retained to San Jose for future considerations or like a 7th

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

Hes not that bad honestly, toronto he was top 4 which is a bad idea especially with their media lol

He does lay the body is and decently physical. His skating is pretty bad, but He pinches sometimes along the boards to keep plays alive. 2 more years after this one @ 50% retained (1.7 million) for a 6 foot 4 RHD isnt awful in the bottom pairing. Def an upgrade from last years Robert Hagg lol

He was top four when Muzzin was around or during injury. Otherwise he was a bottom pairing D.

That said, hes at best at 7/8D or a bottom pairing D on a non playoff team. Enjoy.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Please do not call the Oilers. Holland loves collect ex TML. He hit gold on Hyman and it has been all bad since. WE could swap you another exLeaf in Jack Campbell. I didn't think so.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
You mean modern-day Larry Murphy :cool: , odd a team making a run for playoffs is trying to trade him, but he'd cost a fortune. ;)

emabarrassed to admit i spend so much time on this forsaken website that i know/remember this reference

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
What do the wings offer to take on the entire cap with no retention?

Not much considering they don't really need the cap all that bad that they just can't eat it.

If they really want cap space immediately, they can just buy him out in the summer and eat $1.1M x 4. They're due to have several players on ELCs over the next four years.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
""

Kaplan has speculated that Detroit is shopping a D, and Holl does seem to be the odd man out, but this is a speculative reach... anyway, perhaps it's worth discussion, given it's near trade deadline, and RD are hot commodities.

So step right up, and make your best offer for this D man, who is 6'4" every day, and has some PK ability.

Future considerations would be a nice return for this player.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I remember some Wing fans rubbing in the Holl signing early in the year. Lmao that sure did a 180 quickly. We tried to tell you. The dude was literally on ice for 75% of the goals Tampa scored in the playoffs last year. He can PK sure, but shit at everything else.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Why would anyone care what Emily Kaplan thinks? What the heck, half the time she's regurgitating whatever the voice in her earpiece is telling her to say/ask. She looks like she's lost when she speaks with a fake smile...

tumblr_nveoktCQ9l1udh5n8o1_400.gifv

Leah Hextall might have credibility than Emily Kaplan...

Why don't we just ask Buchy what he thinks?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

3rd pairing d should get 3.4, so he is bad.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
His contract is whatever, doesn't hurt the Wings but could easily see him a throw in for an upgrade. He's useful for a team that needs NHL ready guys and only has 2 years after this. Don't think he's traded bur wouldn't be surprised to see him packaged with a prospect and pick.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
I remember some Wing fans rubbing in the Holl signing early in the year. Lmao that sure did a 180 quickly. We tried to tell you. The dude was literally on ice for 75% of the goals Tampa scored in the playoffs last year. He can PK sure, but shit at everything else.
People were bragging about justin holl?

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
You're just trolling. Unless by some miracle Muzzin can return I would consider Holl, but only after trying 90% of the league's available defensmen.
Holl would still be in the top 3 of the Leafs easy. He was a big part of a much better defensive Leafs team last year.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Armia exact same salary, 1 year less.

For

Holl
Berggen

Opens the door to really look at moving Savard. Hill would be a vet on the back end taking Savard spot, get a player in Berggen who adds skill to the lineup.

Savard then exchanged at the deadline.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Detroit doesn’t need cap space so I can’t imagine they are desperate enough to move him to give up picks or prospects to make it happen. They just have too many D right now and if someone wanted to trade for the odd man out I’m sure they would accommodate.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
He’s a +7 this year he has not been bad. Unfortunately for him Mattaa has been awesome since mid season and Petry has been mostly solid as well

Armia exact same salary, 1 year less.

For

Holl
Berggen

Opens the door to really look at moving Savard. Hill would be a vet on the back end taking Savard spot, get a player in Berggen who adds skill to the lineup.

Savard then exchanged at the deadline.
No thanks not trading berggren for a forward that would be our best 13th/14th. Berggren has too much upside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad