Speculation: Detroit shopping Justin Holl?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
""

Kaplan has speculated that Detroit is shopping a D, and Holl does seem to be the odd man out, but this is a speculative reach... anyway, perhaps it's worth discussion, given it's near trade deadline, and RD are hot commodities.

So step right up, and make your best offer for this D man, who is 6'4" every day, and has some PK ability.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I'm a Wings fan. I would be surprised if any team made a real offer on Holl. He's a cap dump. At 3+ million the Wings would likely have to attach a third to get him gone; maybe even a second. Best bet is going to be if some team will take him and a third with like 25% retention.

Reactions: Grantham

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
its just posted to get hits . he has no source / quote where kaplan used holl's name , her quote was something like 'detroit shopping dmen' . and he posted no source saying anything beyond that

Reactions: izlez

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
this isn't real.

in kaplan's article she never mentions holl (as of two days ago, so if a new one came out from her specifically today, then nevermind). She mentions that yzerman is listening on calls for his defenseman.

Someone decided to throw out holl's name in speculation then it took off as he was the one being looked at. Yes, it makes 100% sense that he would be the one we try to trade, but that doesn't make this specific rumor true at all.

Reactions: izlez

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
""

Kaplan has speculated that Detroit is shopping a D, and Holl does seem to be the odd man out, but this is a speculative reach... anyway, perhaps it's worth discussion, given it's near trade deadline, and RD are hot commodities.

So step right up, and make your best offer for this D man, who is 6'4" every day, and has some PK ability.

Terrible deal the second the ink was dry. Gotta attach a draft pick to entice someone to take him

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'm not sure why they would need to do it now of all times. Better to just hold on to him in case anyone gets hurt. Like other posters already said, they're probably not going to get an offer they want for him. Petry falling in their laps kind of made him unnecessary.

I don't see why they would want to deal Holl unless they were trying to also upgrade one of their roster defensemen (Maataa, Ghost, Chiarot), it's already too crowded back there with middle and bottom pair guys, they can't even get Edvinsson up and he's proven to be ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad