Value of: Detroit Red Wings Deadline Assets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Perron and Kane aren't going anywhere with the team in a playoff hunt. Ghost is too valuable on the PP. Nobody is trading for Holl. The only move I can possibly see is trading Berggren++ maybe for a better long term piece.

Honestly, while Ghost might be a loss on the PP, his defensive play is so rancid that it might cancel out. I don't think Seider is much of a downgrade as a #1PP QB. He passes well and holds the blue line way better than Ghost.

Where you might see the effects is it's less time for Seider to take big defensive assignments. And honestly, I'm not sure they didn't nerf Seider's PP minutes on purpose, going into a contract year.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
😂😂😂

Tell me you don't watch the Wings without telling me. They're not selling off any assets (save for possibly Maatta) unless they go on a 7 game skid before the deadline.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
After thinking about it, I honestly am not sure why Holl stays on the team past this years deadline unless we got rid of ghost and/or maatta. He hasn't played in forever and when he is out there it is just meh. Doesn't do anything really terrible, but he does nothing really positive either. I don't hate the guy/player at all, I just don't see the point in him being here. Even depth wise, I wouldn't need him that much...I think Petry was supposed to be that 7th d guy that was always rotating in every what 10th game or something but petry and chiarot have become a very good pairing that are physical and take care of business (most of the time). Sometimes petry makes a pass up the boards that is just so hostile that it makes me think he does it on purpose to liven the game up a bit.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
After thinking about it, I honestly am not sure why Holl stays on the team past this years deadline unless we got rid of ghost and/or maatta. He hasn't played in forever and when he is out there it is just meh. Doesn't do anything really terrible, but he does nothing really positive either. I don't hate the guy/player at all, I just don't see the point in him being here. Even depth wise, I wouldn't need him that much...I think Petry was supposed to be that 7th d guy that was always rotating in every what 10th game or something but petry and chiarot have become a very good pairing that are physical and take care of business (most of the time). Sometimes petry makes a pass up the boards that is just so hostile that it makes me think he does it on purpose to liven the game up a bit.
Holl should replace Edvinsson in GR

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
There are upgrades waiting in Grand rapids.

I've been asking to trade Ghost and Fabbri and move up Edvinsson and Berggren for awhile now.

But realistically, if we don't absolutely tank our playoff chances pre-deadline, they're probably looking at Edvinsson and Berggren as "Good depth for inevitable playoff injuries".

Reactions: Detroit Knights

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
This site has truly lost it when fans of playoff teams value picks/prospects more than a chance in the playoffs

I think you'll find that the vast majority of Detroit fans either want to buy, want to stand pat with what they have, or only want to "Sell" players they think we have better replacements for in GR.

Personally, I absolutely would not buy this year, unless it's a U27 player who's going to be around for years. We're not good enough to be renting trying to make a Cup run.

Reactions: ElysiumAB

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Would love some of your top pros for Buchnevic. At some point Stevey needs to win a playoff series. Would take you a big step towards that!

Prospects.. sorry

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Would love some of your top pros for Buchnevic. At some point Stevey needs to win a playoff series. Would take you a big step towards that!

Prospects.. sorry

Detroit's not trading anybody in their top 5 prospects to strengthen what is already their strongest position. Especially not for a guy who isn't in the age range for their window and only has 1 year left on his contract lol.

And this post isn't meant to devalue Buchnevich at all. It just makes zero sense for Detroit.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Unless they run into another Ottawa B2B shit kicking none of these names will be traded.

The only exception to that is if Yzerman feels he has an opportunity to improve the team elsewhere and needs to create a roster spot.

If he gets an improved top 6 forward/top 4 RD someone like Sprong/Perron/Fischer/Kostin/Maatta/Ghost become expendable.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I've been asking to trade Ghost and Fabbri and move up Edvinsson and Berggren for awhile now.

But realistically, if we don't absolutely tank our playoff chances pre-deadline, they're probably looking at Edvinsson and Berggren as "Good depth for inevitable playoff injuries".
Probably SY will use Berggren to get upgrade in top 6 for power forward .
Walman Seider
Chiarot Petry
Edvinsson Maatta
? Larkin Raymond
Debrincat Compher Kane
Rasmussen Copp Fisher
Sprong Veleno Fabbri.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
This site has truly lost it when fans of playoff teams value picks/prospects more than a chance in the playoffs

Well Wings aren't a playoff team, once they prove they are then you can start looking at moving guys. Recent history is full of teams trying to exit a rebuild early and giving up valuable prospects and picks. As it stands it's been 8 years since the Wings were a playoff team, maybe that's different next year.. we hope.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Interesting question. We're missing what he brought to the Oilers last year, but his stat line doesn't look good in Detroit. What's the issue with him, Wings fans?
He's slow af

Even average foot speed and he'd be miles ahead of where he is now

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think you'll find that the vast majority of Detroit fans either want to buy, want to stand pat with what they have, or only want to "Sell" players they think we have better replacements for in GR.

Personally, I absolutely would not buy this year, unless it's a U27 player who's going to be around for years. We're not good enough to be renting trying to make a Cup run.
No reason to either buy or sell, unless it's a 3rd rounder or something going out for a depth piece. This run, even if it does ultimately fall short of the PO, is still good for the young group of Raymand, Seider, Rasmussen, etc. who have not ever tasted an NHL PO race. Larkin has just the 1 season in his rookie year of making the PO.

Reactions: Homesick

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Interesting question. We're missing what he brought to the Oilers last year, but his stat line doesn't look good in Detroit. What's the issue with him, Wings fans?
He has gotten hurt for a bit and honestly Detroit just may have the best depth up front in the nhl. Lack of a top end guy or two but honestly he is just stuck behind good players. There’s a reason why Detroit is one of the top scoring teams in the league

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He's slow af

Even average foot speed and he'd be miles ahead of where he is now
and he was injured on two different occasions being out for a good month in total i think. He isn't one that usually a healthy scratch or anything. He is slow, but the physicality he brings is a big positive that we need. Just don't see a real use for him at this point and I don't even think he would be getting much in return. Would 100% be a throw-in to a larger trade for a player like hanifin or whoever.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why are the red wings trading these players? They're in the playoffs and likely get to switch to the easy metro side come playoffs. They should be going after Hanifin. Maybe deal out Ghost and Maata to recoup some assets as they won't need them if they get him.

Reactions: norrisnick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad