Detroit Red Wings #8 Prospect Summer 17/18

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Went with Kasper Kotkansalo here. Call it shiny new toy syndrome if you want but I really like his potential along with Lindstroms. But I'm going with KK over Lindstrom mainly because he has been over here in NA getting used to the ice already, and he's going to a really good program at BU. I'm a big Sambrook fan and was thrilled with the pick at the time but I just see him topping out as a Justin Braun type of guy if he maxes out, which is a cup contender quality #4 dman. But I just think KK could have #2-3 dman potential

Smith/Holmstom/Russo just don't excite me as I see them as bottom 6/bottom pairing guys if they can make it to the NHL even though they possess qualities our current team is lacking. I like Petruzzelli but goalies are so unpredictable

Welcome to team KK. :handclap:

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I'm going to put The Great Dane, Malte Setkov, on the board this round. I'm basing this pick purely on a gut feeling. I admittedly don't follow many prospects outside of the NCAA, but something just gave me a good feeling when this selection was made.

After reading up on him I like the progress he has made in the last year. Seems like his head is in the right place as well. He's got that "character guy" thing going for him:thumbu:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
People are sleeping on Petruzelli. Lindstrom over Petruzelli...really?

I'll admit, I'm just horribly biased against goalies. He could be a great goalie prospect, still have zero faith in him until he at least plays in GR and succeeds for an extended period.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Petruzzelli was the #2 NA ranked goalie by Central Scouting virtually all year, fwiw

Last edited:

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I'll admit, I'm just horribly biased against goalies. He could be a great goalie prospect, still have zero faith in him until he at least plays in GR and succeeds for an extended period.

agreed.

Goalies are low round draft picks.

Petruzzeli could be the next carey price, but we wont know for 2-3 years i think. And i consider him a low level prospect until he proves otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: