Jul 27, 2010
1.) Evgeny Svechnikov LW/RW: 20, 6'3" 205 lbs Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, RUS 75.00%
2.) Filip Hronek RD: 19, 6'0" 170 lbs Hradec Kralove, CZE 45.30%
3.) Michael Rasmussen C: 6'5" 221 lbs Surrey, BC, CAN 68.75%
4.) Dennis Cholowski D: 6'1" 196 lbs Langley, BC, CAN 54.55%
5.) Vili Saarijarvi RD: 5'10" 175 lbs Rovaniemi, FIN 61.36%
6.) Tyler Bertuzzi LW/RW: 6'1" 195 lbs Sudbury, ON, CAN 76.74%
7.) Joe Hicketts D: 5'8" 174 lbs Kamloops BC, CAN 30.0%

Hicketts narrowly wins #7. The add was Malte Setkov.

As always vote, offer an add and discuss.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Went with Lindstrom. It's mostly because he's a relatively unknown 2nd round Hakan pick named Lindstrom. It just feels like this guy is going to save our team. At this point I don't really love any of the prospects left so that kind of wishful thinking is enough to sway my vote.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Lindy ...add Renouf

I haven't watched most of the draft picks just GRG. Renouf made really good progress last year

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'm curious what people see in Holmstrom at this point

he seems to be getting quite a few votes but he feels like a straight up bust to me now,like to the point where I would be legitimately surprised if he ever even got a single NHL game

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

he seems to be getting quite a few votes but he feels like a straight up bust to me now,like to the point where I would be legitimately surprised if he ever even got a single NHL game

Holmstrom and Lindstrom are familiar names.

Caddy

Mar 4, 2016
Vancouver
Jordan Sambrook. He produced at a ridiculously high rate considering he had next to no powerplay time and was playing 2nd pairing minutes. He didn't even really get the Erie Otters benefit, as most of his TOI was apart from the top guys like Strome, Debrincat and both Raddysh's. Adding on to all of that, he's mostly noted for being a consistent two way defender who has solid skating and good transition play, the offence is just another part of his game.

Lindstrom has the Hakan pick thing going for him, but as far as defenceman go Sambrook really looks like the best available.

Add is Zablocki

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Don't really think it is fair to suggest a 7th round pick, 196th overall, is a bust. Late round picks are always extremely unlikely to make it, and/or be anything of note in the NHL.

Don't know much about him, just think the term bust is more for 1st or 2nd rounders who don't do well. The rest is an extreme crap shoot!

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Robbie Russo has played in the NHL and done well. Big numbers in the AHL. He's our guy here.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Dude had a rough time with injuries but still came in and went PPG in the SHL playoffs. Didn't vote for him but I'd at least give him a year in GR before giving up on his NHL potential.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

It really all comes down to how much he can gain skating wise in terms of his NHL ability and if he can stay healthy long enough to work on it.

The skills are there as is the hockey IQ, he just flat out doesn't skate well enough. It really is an issue and it is one I haven't seen him getting a whole lot better at unfortunately.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

He's decently skilled and he goes to the dirty areas.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Petruzzelli again.

re: Holmstrom. It really is all about skating. As someone above mentioned, he needs to stay healthy enough to really work on it. It really is a shame because he shows good skill and strong hockey IQ when I watch him.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
went with Petruzzelli. i was baffled as to why my Oilers wasted an extra pick to trade up 4 spots and take G Stuart Skinner, albeit a local boy which is why they did it, when they didn't need to and could have just taken Petruzzelli instead? even Columbus and Philly passed on this guy and it's just strange to me. he was ranked as the #2 North American goalie on NHL.com's site pre draft for a reason yet kept being passed over.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
Went with Kasper Kotkansalo here. Call it shiny new toy syndrome if you want but I really like his potential along with Lindstroms. But I'm going with KK over Lindstrom mainly because he has been over here in NA getting used to the ice already, and he's going to a really good program at BU. I'm a big Sambrook fan and was thrilled with the pick at the time but I just see him topping out as a Justin Braun type of guy if he maxes out, which is a cup contender quality #4 dman. But I just think KK could have #2-3 dman potential

Smith/Holmstom/Russo just don't excite me as I see them as bottom 6/bottom pairing guys if they can make it to the NHL even though they possess qualities our current team is lacking. I like Petruzzelli but goalies are so unpredictable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad