Claimed off Waivers: [DET] Olli Juolevi claimed off waivers by the Red Wings from the Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
In a pinch he was a good midpair dman for our AHL team

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
:popcorn: The fact that Yzerman picked him up makes me think there's still something there to salvage.

That was my first thought, heh

Olli gets waived: "poor kid, too many injuries to make up for development, he must be hurting and lost. Hope he makes it back someday."

Olli gets picked up by Yzerman: "NO MORE FREE SCANDANAVIANS FOR THE RED WINGS PLEASE OH MY GOD"

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It's been unfortunate how his career has gone so far so I hope it works out in Detroit.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Wings fix this guy. He will get an opportunity to play and show what he has least.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Wings fix this guy. He will get an opportunity to play and show what he has least.
I would have had more faith in him had the Islanders picked him up and Trotz got to work with him. Isles were ahead of the Wings in the order as they have never been ahead of the Wings in the standings since they began using this year's standings for the order of waivers.

But, the Isles just claimed a Forward off Seattle, so that was their move.

Isles have Greene and Chara who are likely gone from the roster this year from the left side. They moved Leddy in the off-season and Toews the year before. Basically down to Pelech and Aho on the left side for next season.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
That was my first thought, heh

Olli gets waived: "poor kid, too many injuries to make up for development, he must be hurting and lost. Hope he makes it back someday."

Olli gets picked up by Yzerman: "NO MORE FREE SCANDANAVIANS FOR THE RED WINGS PLEASE OH MY GOD"
As an Avs fan it's weird, I actually want to see Detroit become good again. Might be because I started watching hockey around 2005 and missed the glory years of that rivalry.

Reactions: BSHH and BIGZ40

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
can't believe the Nucks skipped on Tkachuk for him.

The 2016 is a reminder of how closely related things are in the NHL.

Calgary, Edmonton and Columbus had a three-way trade tabled; where Calgary was going to move to 3 or 4, and Columbus was going to move to 6.

Edmonton was high on Sergachev.
Columbus was always high on Dubois.
Calgary was high on Puljujarvi.

Canucks were also very high on Dubois, and hence why the trade fell through. Columbus couldn’t move down to 6 or Vancouver would take him. With them taking Dubois, Edmonton fell into a spot to get Jesse and of course took him with all his hype going into that year, and Calgary went with their runner-up, Tkachuk.

There’s another world where Canucks have Dubois in it. Edmonton has Sergachev and the other assets they were in a position to acquire, Calgary had Puljujarvi.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Michigan is home of a good video game design college so he’s finally found his landing spot.

The kid was absolutely ruined by Vancouver. To be fair he holds plenty of the blame too.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Nice to see such confidence in the Detroit coaching staff to "fix" a player. Not sure Red Wings fans have that much confidence.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Nice to see such confidence in the Detroit coaching staff to "fix" a player. Not sure Red Wings fans have that much confidence.
Our left side is a dumpster fire, and leddy is probably getting moved at the deadline. Might as well give Olli and audition.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
i was literally on the phone with my brother like hey dude we're about to select tkach... WTF

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
As an Avs fan it's weird, I actually want to see Detroit become good again. Might be because I started watching hockey around 2005 and missed the glory years of that rivalry.
Honestly I felt the same when the Avs where in their rebuild. I lived in Denver for a bit and found myself rooting for them and gaining a bit of respect for the good old days (minus Claude really don't like that guy). Realistically without both teams being powerhouses back in the day I don't believe either would have won as many cups, really pushed both teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad