Confirmed Trade: [DET/NSH] Andrew Gibson for Jesse Kiiskinen, 2024 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
ASP and Seider will have top 4 RHD locked down by the time Gibson is ready. Solid move by Yzerman, IMO. Gets a more needed upside forward prospect plus a 2nd rounder.

Reactions: wings95

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Gibson seems to have clearly evolved in the last 12 months into the superior prospect so it makes sense the Preds had to give up something else good.

I know a lot of sharp OHL ITK’s really, really liked his potential coming into the 2023 draft. Having the Preds stamp of approval as a defensive prospect is not nothing either IMO.

From a pure asset management standpoint, the Wings did well too. They made a good draft pick and then flipped him for more good things to help attack other areas of need or to increase inventory to make other moves.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Nashville is not a team to take lightly when it comes to defensive evaluations. Highly-coveted right-shot prospect, to boot.
They've been fantastic at developing D for the longest time, but maybe it's just me but ever since their peak in 2018, their D development has just been average, not great by any means? Like they have what just Carrier to show for as a top 4 Dman (And he's just an above average one not even great)?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
They've been fantastic at developing D for the longest time, but maybe it's just me but ever since their peak in 2018, their D development has just been average, not great by any means? Like they have what just Carrier to show for as a top 4 Dman (And he's just an above average one not even great)?
They have another wave coming. Not saying it’s a bunch of top four guys but Stastney is really underrated and should be a good NHL defenseman this up-coming season. Del Gaizo has a real good shot too. And Molendyk does look like a stud.

Reactions: PredsV82

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

Outside of the issues with Fabbro, they've still been quite solid at developing their D. Lauzon and Carrier were both quite effective this year, and Stastney has shown a lot of promise, too.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
They have another wave coming. Not saying it’s a bunch of top four guys but Stastney is really underrated and should be a good NHL defenseman this up-coming season. Del Gaizo has a real good shot too. And Molendyk does look like a stud.
This is bit off topic but how has Molendyk looked? Havent followed him after draft but I liked him.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Wings doing Gibson a favour and Preds willing to pay for it as they are in some need to replenish the D prospect pool.

Makes sense to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad