Proposal: Det - Edm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mhstudios

May 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
To Edmonton

Dylan Larkin

To Detroit

Leon Draisaitl or RNH

Why do this trade?

I love the speed of Larkin and I would love to see him with McDavid. Just imagine Larkin and McDavid together, they would be lightning fast.

Edmonton has RNH and Leon Draisaitl so they can trade one of them. I know they would prefer to trade RNH, but if that doesn't get the job done, they can trade Leon Draisaitl.

thoughts?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You never asked why Detroit does this, and I suspect it's because there's no reason for them to.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Seems like no gain for either side. Just one guy's hope for a stylistic duo

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
You never asked why Detroit does this, and I suspect it's because there's no reason for them to.

Aside from them getting the better player?

We've got a big centerman, and a 2 way centerman. Both of which are important to win in the West. You don't trade them for someone who is worse, and fills less of a need

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

I don't know that I'd call Larkin objectively worse. I'll wait until Draisaitl doesn't have Hall, not that Zetterberg is a slouch

I take RNH over both all day though

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Larkin has every possibility of becoming better than both those two, but he isn't yet. I'm happy with the both Draisaitl and RNH so I'd pass.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'd take drai over larkin right now, but larkin has quite a high ceiling himself. Rnh is a guy I feel will benefit greatly next year with the Oilers looking like they will finally turn he corner. I think he can still get 70 pts. If I had to rank them right now I would go
Drai
Rnh/Larkin.
I think both sides would rather keep what they have and let the talent grow

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
To Edmonton

Dylan Larkin

To Detroit

Leon Draisaitl or RNH

Why do this trade?

I love the speed of Larkin and I would love to see him with McDavid. Just imagine Larkin and McDavid together, they would be lightning fast.

Edmonton has RNH and Leon Draisaitl so they can trade one of them. I know they would prefer to trade RNH, but if that doesn't get the job done, they can trade Leon Draisaitl.

thoughts?

I'd take Larkin over RNH anyday of the week

Larkin/Draisatl is really close

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd take Larkin way ahead of either RNH or Draisitl. I'd trade Monahan for Larkin in a second too btw and I wouldn't move him for either RNH or Draisitl.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Would be neat to see those two players play together, but the trade doesn't work for Detroit's side.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Not a bad offer, but Centres are worth more than Wingers. Chia loves having 3 solid Centres and no way he trades big strong Leon Draisaitl. RNH and his two-way game will be invaluable to the Oilers when they finally make the playoffs.

Pass.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not a bad offer, but Centres are worth more than Wingers. Chia loves having 3 solid Centres and no way he trades big strong Leon Draisaitl. RNH and his two-way game will be invaluable to the Oilers when they finally make the playoffs.

Pass.

Larkin is a natural center.

Larkin-McDavid-AA is a line I would love to see though.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Weird, Draisaitl doesn't have a $6m cap hit. Detroit is how far above the cap? Do you know?
Weird, An Oiler fan didn't start this thread and I havent seen one that really give a **** about the trade or the Wings cap. Now you know :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad