Pre-Game Talk: Desert Doggie Doo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Like Tippett is going to break up a line where each player is averaging 2 PPG and over is not going to happen or should he, when some teams this season will be averaging 2.5 GPG
He will when the refs start calling less penalties. What are they scoring 5 on 5? That is they key here. We know they play together on a PP

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I'd go Benson-McLeod-Yamamoto (I know McLeod is in Bako) on the 4th line and see if they can capitalize offensively with easy minutes.

Nice but

Benson Shore Yamamoto

would be a good line too. Blend of a bit of size, skill, grind

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019

"Our PP was big" - Zack Kassian 2021

8/10 or the questions answered by Kassian, 2/10 by Koskinen. The interview took 6:14, of which 1:05 was Koskinen's part (including the questions) and Kassian's 5:09. Not that I mind, but I thought it looked a bit strange to have Koskinen as a statue there :)

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I’d keep the same D pairings, bench Turris, move Yamamoto to the 4th line and give Benson a shot in the top 6.

I'm a huge Benson fan. I defended him a lot in preseason... but he did not do good enough to earn top six minutes at this time

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Brian Lawton is saying he wants to see more from Ceci and Keith. Does he watch the games?

I don't think the buffoon understands what they have been brought in for. Stabilizers. Not point producing, high level of play Dmen

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
His last comment was the most important for me. " We held each other accountable" when speaking to 2nd intermission locker room discussions.
3rd had the two struggling players demoted

Next to our PP being big :sarcasm:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Boourns, oh well, lets get Skinny boy sometime, throw him into the fire and start him in Vegas.

Normally, I with you. Try him against the good team and his teammates might rally around him to get him the win, plus the opposition wouldn't have as much of a scouting report on him. The only concern is that Henderson had a ton of games against Bakersfield/Skinner last year, so they may actually know him pretty well compared to most callups.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Normally, I with you. Try him against the good team and his teammates might rally around him to get him the win, plus the opposition wouldn't have as much of a scouting report on him. The only concern is that Henderson had a ton of games against Bakersfield/Skinner last year, so they may actually know him pretty well compared to most callups.
Fair, I meant more just hope for a kid to have a "Hot" night when you're already in tough in the 2nd of back to backs with travel.

Edit: And with Vegas being "slightly" better then Arizona.

Reactions: bone

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Stauffer is hard on the Crouse train. Was saying McLoed for Crouse, just his own opinion.

I would easily make that trade. McLeod is a very vanilla player with 3rd line potential at best. Crouse is hard to play against and could top out as a top 6 winger with our centers but realistically he’s a middle six winger.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I would easily make that trade. McLeod is a very vanilla player with 3rd line potential at best. Crouse is hard to play against and could top out as a top 6 winger with our centers but realistically he’s a middle six winger.
He's a bottom-6 forward you don't play him up, unless you're shortening the bench late in the game.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'm a huge Benson fan. I defended him a lot in preseason... but he did not do good enough to earn top six minutes at this time

He didn’t have a great preseason but he was drafted as a skill forward and has had 3 good years in the AHL. They need to at least give him a shot and see how he does with other skilled players.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
phil-kessel-h-t-twitter-arizonacoyotes.png
Grade A diamond cutters.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad