Describe this season in GIF form

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
giphy.gif

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Live look in on several Blues celebrating their game 7 double-OT victory on their day off:

Pietrangelo showing where he got his nickname, double fisting some delicious cream-filled puffed pastries:

e4706c21433d3b710f9460c08591cdca.gif

O'Reilly might be crippled but still working out:
giphy.gif

Binnington getting some minor maintenance:

HeartfeltDefiniteGrunion-small.gif

Thomas, Fabbri, Dunn, and every other Blue under 25 doing what all Gen-Zs do:

tenor.gif

Perron just being french:

9df286da5ee761d5efdc3b13a2c1bf568012edba49dbbbb42da40a1c8ee412ef.jpg

Maroon takes his boy fishing:

black-bear-fish-gif.gif

Bouwmeester catching up on his day job:

animated-accountant-image-0009.gif

Berube and Ott seeing what would have happened if they played against each other:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Live look in on several Blues celebrating their game 7 double-OT victory on their day off:

Pietrangelo showing where he got his nickname, double fisting some delicious cream-filled puffed pastries:

giphy.gif

Thomas, Fabbri, Dunn, and every other Blue under 25 doing what all Ge-Zs do:

tenor.gif

black-bear-fish-gif.gif

Berube and Ott seeing what would have happened if they played against each other:

giphy.gif

Gold.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018

giphy.gif

Thomas, Fabbri, Dunn, and every other Blue under 25 doing what all Gen-Zs do:

tenor.gif

black-bear-fish-gif.gif

giphy.gif

Bozak is looking very French as well...

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I don't know how this applies, but as a rock climber. WHAT THE ****
He hit some momentary adversity on his climb, then overcame it in spectacular fashion to continue onward and upward.

My brother-in-law is an avid rock climber, so I've been to a few climbing gyms (and have done some natural rock climbing as well). I've never seen anything even remotely like what that guy did in the gif. On some level, I feel like there's a parallel there for what we're currently seeing as Blues fans. This just isn't the same old thing we're used to seeing.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
He hit some momentary adversity on his climb, then overcame it in spectacular fashion to continue onward and upward.

My brother-in-law is an avid rock climber, so I've been to a few climbing gyms (and have done some natural rock climbing as well). I've never seen anything even remotely like what that guy did in the gif. On some level, I feel like there's a parallel there for what we're currently seeing as Blues fans. This just isn't the same old thing we're used to seeing.

There's a direct comparable. We've been encountering adversity all year - we've adapted to overcome these challenges in the regular season, allowing Maroon to find an immensely effective niche role with Thomas and Bozak when he stuck out like a sore thumb previously. Tampa's downfall in the 1st round was because they weren't able to adapt when their first attempt didn't work (the alternate definition of insanity - expecting a different outcome from the same actions) . Similarly here, buddy pulls what looks like an insane move turning upside down to capitalize on upward momentum to vault up and continue on.

My experience climbing taught me that you compensate for your deficiencies. I climbed using a very fluid, powerful continuous motion - because at 5'4 & 180 lbs I often couldn't reach to do bouldering problems in the gym using static techniques (or I lacked the leverage to hold my weight on my fingertips at full extension). I'd frequently do a problem in 30s compared to a static climber doing the same problem in 3 minutes, because inertia was key to my style.

The guys in the gym I'd train with in the winter used to laugh - until I had them attempt to do a problem touching each hold with their elbow prior to executing the move (6'2 reach vs 5'4). They stopped commenting on how unconventional my style and solution to each problem was after that.

I wish I'd gotten video of some of my assents, there was one particular 5.11+ climb I did the first 21 moves in 15s relative to the average 2 minutes others would replicate. My betas were worthless to any others because of the unique amounts of torque and power I could generate in a small space to make continuous sequences flow.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Every time I see this I think it is Kenny Loggins at first glance.
Every time I see this I think it is Kenny Loggins at first glance.
Lol, it does look like him. I'm not even sure what the hell this is from. I had googled 'change of heart gifs' back in the middle of the Blues turnaround and saved a bunch of them and came across this one in my documents today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad