Injury Report: Derek Stepan (11/6: Will return Saturday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I somehow doubt Phoenix gives up Yandle for Miller. I don't think you get a piece anywhere close to that level of value for Miller.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
I just can't understand the line of thinking that someone who is 21 years old, and absolutely has shown improvement, is somehow stuck as an in-betweener.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
When you see a kid come straight out of college into the NHL and perform better than you, I would say things...are not particularly good. Miller is still young and might do a Kreider-like improvement but I just don't see any of the intangibles he would need to get to the next level. He's not strong like Hayes, he's not particularly fast, and he isn't the most sure-handed with the puck. He isn't bad, just very average IMO.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
When Chris Kreider was 21, he put up 1 point in 17 AHL games. So I'm a little hesitant to put a label on Miller's career after 3 poor NHL games in his age 21 season.

A lot of the judgments are being made on the last period played. Kreider wasn't even exerting himself during that stretch, but since he still had some shine on him people gave him a free pass.

I do think that Miller has an NHL future, but it's going to depend on his performance. His AHL performance is great, but he's never established a role at the NHL level.

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
When you see a kid come straight out of college into the NHL and perform better than you, I would say things...are not particularly good. Miller is still young and might do a Kreider-like improvement but I just don't see any of the intangibles he would need to get to the next level. He's not strong like Hayes, he's not particularly fast, and he isn't the most sure-handed with the puck. He isn't bad, just very average IMO.

Miller tries to make the fancy play and is successful 1/5 times probably, with all the others leading to turnovers. I think its a little bit of over thinking and trying too hard. But I tend to agree, he doesn't have the best shot, his vision is average, he has no defensive awareness, and he is a good skater but not a world beater

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: Derek Stepan wearing a normal jersey for today's AM skate at MSG. First time he's skated without the yellow non-contact jersey #NYRâ€

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Hopefully we will have Stepan and Klein for Wednesday's game. Tonight's game isn't going to be pretty.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

That kid who came straight out of college is a year older than Miller.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I need to see some progress at some point. I haven't seen any since he went pro. That's really, really concerning.

Agreed Jon. I have long maintained that I wasn't able to visualize what role the team has in mind for him (or at the very least what they see Miller projecting to be).

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Maybe kid isn't the right word to describe him here but Miller has the experience edge over him and Hayes still looks the better player.

Experience only matters if you have the maturity to apply it.

Miller having more pro experience doesn't make up for him being younger.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
Thank you for using my least favorite word in the English language. You've now ruined J.T. Miller for me. Absolutely ruined.

What are your thoughts on milksteak?

Milksteak.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad