Derek Forbort Away From Canucks for Personal Reasons; Brannstrom Recalled

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Hope everything is okay for him and his family.

Our PK will suffer possibly. Back end looking v thin.

Reactions: calnuck
May 31, 2006
You have to wonder if management got buyer’s remorse and asked him to either leave or get waived.

I hope that’s the case and he is not going through real personal issues. Best of luck to him.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
You have to wonder if management got buyer’s remorse and asked him to either leave or get waived.

I hope that’s the case and he is not going through real personal issues. Best of luck to him.
Seems unlikely to me given how he's been deployed and how thin we are on the left side.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Not in the PAP but just very to do this without a statement. The speculation will run hard until it’s addressed.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
How does leaving a team for personal reasons affect cap or roster? I’m assuming it doesn’t and he is still technically on the active roster and against the cap?

iRageWin

Aug 7, 2014
How does leaving a team for personal reasons affect cap or roster? I’m assuming it doesn’t and he is still technically on the active roster and against the cap?
Yes it sounds like he will still technically be on the roster and count against the cap. The only other thing the Canucks could possibly do is tell him to pound sand and suspend him without pay for not showing up, but sounds like there is a legitimate issue that the Canucks want to be considerate/work with him

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Not in the PAP but just very to do this without a statement. The speculation will run hard until it’s addressed.
If he's not in the PAP then it is a private matter that is up to him to disclose or not. There is no need for speculation or for it to be addressed further unless it turns into something long term which seems doubtful.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
This wouldn't help them in any way and no team would be this stupid.

Yep, the only way they get cap relief is if he's in the player assistance program, which is a long term thing. Doesn't sound like that's the case here.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
sounds like a routine personal matter. none of our business unless he wants to share.

branstrom draws in i guess. here is his chance to do a lou gehrig.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I hope it's nothing too serious. Hopefully whatever it is gets worked out.
I'm not expecting much from Brannstrom who hasn't really had a chance to practice with the team

Feb 20, 2013
What's with all the silly speculation in this thread ... personal leave for a couple days is pretty routine. He isn't getting kicked off the team haha.

Forbort is of an age that his wife/gf could be pregnant. Let's just hope it's happy news like that.

Reactions: Blue and Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad