Speculation: Depth Defenceman to EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
From what we heard from Flyers fans, we were very scared of Hagg. But, he has been a very pleasant surprise for us. He's a 3rd pair defenseman who isn't afraid to get physical, even on a good team. Some nights, you'd swear he could take top 4 minutes when sorely needed.

That said, he has quite literally no idea what on Earth to do when he gets into the offensive zone. Any hockey sense he has (which isn't a whole lot, but it's not zero) just completely disappears. He does have a hard shot though. Don't expect much in the way of a first pass or skating the puck out of trouble. Pair him with a mobile, pass-first defenseman and he can be "set it and forget it" most nights.

Price? Maybe we could squeeze a 2nd round pick or something roughly equivalent for him? 3rd and a 7th? B-level boom or bust prospect, higher chance to bust? Something along those lines? And if cap is an issue, I don't think we'd hesitate retaining.
Sounds like he'd fit well with Barrie or Bouchard on the third pair.

Maybe a Berglund/Nemelainen/Kemp + late pick? Everytime I throw prospects out in trades I get roasted :DD

Sounds like a good target though, thanks for the info.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
From what we heard from Flyers fans, we were very scared of Hagg. But, he has been a very pleasant surprise for us. He's a 3rd pair defenseman who isn't afraid to get physical, even on a good team. Some nights, you'd swear he could take top 4 minutes when sorely needed.

That said, he has quite literally no idea what on Earth to do when he gets into the offensive zone. Any hockey sense he has (which isn't a whole lot, but it's not zero) just completely disappears. He does have a hard shot though. Don't expect much in the way of a first pass or skating the puck out of trouble. Pair him with a mobile, pass-first defenseman and he can be "set it and forget it" most nights.

Price? Maybe we could squeeze a 2nd round pick or something roughly equivalent for him? 3rd and a 7th? B-level boom or bust prospect, higher chance to bust? Something along those lines? And if cap is an issue, I don't think we'd hesitate retaining.

We need someone defensively reliable. Hagg sounds similar to Lagesson who in his limited time has shown flashes but looks lost most nights. Has that hard nose game in the crease and the corners the Oilers are probably looking for but he’s missing a lot of assignments and getting caught out of position. We need someone with more experience who’s more reliable defensively and ideally a good pk option. Hopefully Hagg could offer that, we have a few pick moving options to pair him with on right side.

Oilers are probably looking to spend b prospects and lower picks. Maybe Marody +4th or something along those lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad