Speculation: Depth Defenceman to EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Kylington for Draisatl ;)

If the guys are back in a couple days though than might as well just play through it and wait it out. Edmonton has a solid record rn.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Oilers are down 4 defenceman (5 if you include Klefbom) and could use someone with NHL experience.

Broberg has looked good but the left side right now is Broberg, Russell and Lagesson. Right side has two rookies as well in Bouchard and Niemalinen.

Maybe a mid round pick for a low cost defenceman like Mark Pysyk, Nick Holden or Brett Kulak?

Kulak can be had for sure.

Reactions: aresknights

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We just waived Wolanin -- buuuuuuuut he did not look good in his 1 GP.

You want Robert Hagg? Colin Miller? Will Butcher? Hell -- most Sabres fans will give you Butcher for the low, low price of "future considerations".

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Oilers are down 4 defenceman (5 if you include Klefbom) and could use someone with NHL experience.

Broberg has looked good but the left side right now is Broberg, Russell and Lagesson. Right side has two rookies as well in Bouchard and Niemalinen.

Maybe a mid round pick for a low cost defenceman like Mark Pysyk, Nick Holden or Brett Kulak?

Yeah, Kulak is a good choice. UFA this year, only $1.85m, and he can skate. Can carry puck out and get through neutral zone himself. He can't do shit once he's there, but he can step into a #4 defensive role for short intervals, but is a #5.

Mid-round pick would probably do it; however he's injured right now, but has started non-contact practices.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’d love to some now get the McLeod brothers together in NJ.
Would Bahl or Okhotyuk work for McLeod ? I’m guessing not yet NHL ready so the Oilers pass.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

You want Robert Hagg? Colin Miller? Will Butcher? Hell -- most Sabres fans will give you Butcher for the low, low price of "future considerations".
What's the price on Hagg? He's a big guy that's not afraid to get physical, yeah? Can he keep his head afloat on the bottom pair and bring some jam?

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Here's a free Brad Hunt. Take him and leave, or if you're feeling generous throw in a late pick/ depth contract/ future considerations.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
OH this sounds right up Vancouver ally. You want a OFD RH we can give you Myers, DD RH Poolman/Hamonic , OFD LH Hunt, Depth guy Burroughs.

Someone throw us a bone please

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Here's a free Brad Hunt. Take him and leave, or if you're feeling generous throw in a late pick/ depth contract/ future considerations.

Hunt started his career with the Oilers. Not the type of D we need.

Former Oilers D that would be useful - Oesterle or Brandon Davidson.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Wasn't Haydn Fleury kinda pissy in a post-game interview last week? Might as well start the mass exodus to Edmonton.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I’d love to some now get the McLeod brothers together in NJ.
Would Bahl or Okhotyuk work for McLeod ? I’m guessing not yet NHL ready so the Oilers pass.

nah, we like Ryan McLeod a lot and he’s hitting his stride in the NHL now. No sense in a trade like that for us. Our AHL left side is pretty good when the whole NHL left side isn’t hurt.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Anyone know what Brandon Manning is up to these days?

He was terrible in the AHL - outplayed by multiple Oilers D prospects in his time on the Condors. He’s done.

Max Gildon on the Panthers I have time for. He was excellent for the Condors and is buried in a shared AHL team it seems.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

How’s Hagg been this year?

Oilers could use a crease clearer/cycle breaker on the back end.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I would be willing to bet that Jusso Riikola would be available for around a 4th from the Penguins, much to the chagrin of some of the fans, including me.

Reeeeeeeekolaaaaaaaah! Every time I hear his name I always hear that Ricola commercial...

You must have misinterpreted the OP.... we need a defence - man. ;)

We've been there done that... he should never play in the NHL.

Anyone know what Brandon Manning is up to these days?

Probably about 240... eating pretzels and bratwurst and drinking beer in Germany.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
What's the price on Hagg? He's a big guy that's not afraid to get physical, yeah? Can he keep his head afloat on the bottom pair and bring some jam?

How’s Hagg been this year?

Oilers could use a crease clearer/cycle breaker on the back end.

From what we heard from Flyers fans, we were very scared of Hagg. But, he has been a very pleasant surprise for us. He's a 3rd pair defenseman who isn't afraid to get physical, even on a good team. Some nights, you'd swear he could take top 4 minutes when sorely needed.

That said, he has quite literally no idea what on Earth to do when he gets into the offensive zone. Any hockey sense he has (which isn't a whole lot, but it's not zero) just completely disappears. He does have a hard shot though. Don't expect much in the way of a first pass or skating the puck out of trouble. Pair him with a mobile, pass-first defenseman and he can be "set it and forget it" most nights.

Price? Maybe we could squeeze a 2nd round pick or something roughly equivalent for him? 3rd and a 7th? B-level boom or bust prospect, higher chance to bust? Something along those lines? And if cap is an issue, I don't think we'd hesitate retaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad