Speculation: Depth Defenceman to EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Oilers are down 4 defenceman (5 if you include Klefbom) and could use someone with NHL experience.

Broberg has looked good but the left side right now is Broberg, Russell and Lagesson. Right side has two rookies as well in Bouchard and Niemalinen.

Maybe a mid round pick for a low cost defenceman like Mark Pysyk, Nick Holden or Brett Kulak?

member 334057

Maybe a mid round pick for a low cost defenceman like Mark Pysyk, Nick Holden or Brett Kulak?
Sabres are pretty weak at RD and most of the fans would probably prefer they keep Pysyk and re-sign him for a few more years.

Reactions: McDoused

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Oilers are down 4 defenceman (5 if you include Klefbom) and could use someone with NHL experience.

Broberg has looked good but the left side right now is Broberg, Russell and Lagesson. Right side has two rookies as well in Bouchard and Niemalinen.

Scandella is supposedly available. been in kind of a funk this season and having trouble getting traction, but all in all not a bad dman imo

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

buffalo is not trading Pysyk. He’s someone they may extend.

the can trade LD Butcher or RD Miller. Butch gets a mid round, Miller costs a 2nd.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Ceci is out with Covid now.

Our entire left side with Nurse, Keith, and Koekkoek are out as well. Klefbom hasn’t played in a full season plus this year.

Bouchard and Broberg are the best D men we have right now which is terrifying to rely so heavily on D men that young.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm not sure if the Oilers need this. Apparently Nurse and Keith are only a couple of days away. We don't know much about Ceci yet, could be a false positive for all we know. Its a tough situation, but if we can have 3 of our missing defensemen back in even 5 games, we aren't going to take on anyone's trash.

If anyone wanted to roll the dice on a "junk for junk" trade involving Turris or Perlini coming from our side, that might be worth it for us. But at this point, we aren't bringing on new bodies, even if it means we need to run AHL defensemen for a couple of days.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I would be willing to bet that Jusso Riikola would be available for around a 4th from the Penguins, much to the chagrin of some of the fans, including me.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Ceci is out with Covid now.

Our entire left side with Nurse, Keith, and Koekkoek are out as well. Klefbom hasn’t played in a full season plus this year.

Bouchard and Broberg are the best D men we have right now which is terrifying to rely so heavily on D men that young.

It is worrying, but Nurse and Keith are back soon by the sound of reports. We don't know how long Ceci is out for. I'm not sure on the rules there. The time for panic trades is not now. Our defense right now isn't pretty, but it's also not something worth giving away assets to upgrade unless they are full time upgrades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad