Proposal: Defensemen to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
If the EDM 1st round pick in exchange for Chiarot @50% was actually Holloway, I could probably be convinced to add a 2nd round pick and/or a prospect.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Chiarot at 50% + Allan for Edmonton 1st + Turris + Lavoie + Koskinen
don't know why we're taking two dumps plus giving up allan . will sell them separately.

if we're getting a first for chariot it means we give away allan for over 6 million in cap dumps just for lavoie? talk about getting f........ i wouldn't give up allan for lavoie straight up . keep your dumps

Last edited:
Reactions: go4hockey

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
To
Oilers
Dermott

To
Toronto
2022 3rd
2023 5th

Hes a solid player with good speed and good outlet pass. His d zone work is average but not a liability. Low risk for a potential high reward, and when your left side gets healthy dermott is good on both sides and would be great playoff depth.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If the EDM 1st round pick in exchange for Chiarot @50% was actually Holloway, I could probably be convinced to add a 2nd round pick and/or a prospect.

I know everyone wants top prospects in their deals, but you have to realize that most teams, even contenders, aren't going to give up prospects that are a hair away from being on the NHL team. It would be like someone asking Montreal for Caufield a year ago, it just wasn't realistic to expect. Skinner, Holloway and Broberg are those types of players. Lower your expectations. Lavoie, Savoie, maybe Samurokov (probably, but I don't like it), and maybe even Bourgoult (sp?) are the types of guys the Oilers might be willing to part with if we are talking prospects.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
To
Oilers
Dermott

To
Toronto
2022 3rd
2023 5th

Hes a solid player with good speed and good outlet pass. His d zone work is average but not a liability. Low risk for a potential high reward, and when your left side gets healthy dermott is good on both sides and would be great playoff depth.

I'd do this

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
To
Oilers
Dermott

To
Toronto
2022 3rd
2023 5th

I'd do this
I'd probably do this as well if we can get the money to work. If you take Turris (and drop him in the minors for all I care) or someone like that to even out money I'd say let's move forward.

Reactions: TFHockey

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
I completely understand you want to keep Holloway, no problem with that. I didn't know EDM actually loved him that much as from my POV he hasn't over- or under-performed his draft rank. He's close to the NHL because he's a big boi and your only relevant fwd prospect (nope, not a fan of Lavoie).
Now if the argument is that EDM will need talent on ELC next year I have no problem with that.

The discussion about Chiarot @50% was that MTL could likely get a late 1st straight up at the TDL, and yours will likely be in the late 20's vs Holloway who was drafted at 14. MTL's 2nd will likely be ~35 and we have a good pool of tier 2 prospects, so I don't think value wise it's ridiculous (but admittedly maybe light) to consider 14 vs 27(Chiarot@50% equiv) + 35 (+prospect), especially that you finally appear to know how to draft in the 2nd round.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I completely understand you want to keep Holloway, no problem with that. I didn't know EDM actually loved him that much as from my POV he hasn't over- or under-performed his draft rank. He's close to the NHL because he's a big boi and your only relevant fwd prospect (nope, not a fan of Lavoie).
Now if the argument is that EDM will need talent on ELC next year I have no problem with that.

The discussion about Chiarot @50% was that MTL could likely get a late 1st straight up at the TDL, and yours will likely be in the late 20's vs Holloway who was drafted at 14. MTL's 2nd will likely be ~35 and we have a good pool of tier 2 prospects, so I don't think value wise it's ridiculous (but admittedly maybe light) to consider 14 vs 27(Chiarot@50% equiv) + 35 (+prospect), especially that you finally appear to know how to draft in the 2nd round.
It is a head scratcher. Would you have traded away Caufield for a rental + 2nd round pick last trade deadline? Give your head a shake.

Adding 2nds does nothing for Oilers and Chiarot is certainly not worth a 1st to EDM.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

This is a lot of words for "I think Ken Holland is a stupid old man that would give up his top prospect for 20 games of Ben Chiarot"

Dream big, I guess. Holloway isn't going anywhere, particularly not for rentals and B tier prospects.

Holloway tripled - TRIPLED - his ppg and IMO is a better prospect than Caufield. Ask yourself if you would have given up Caufield for a rental last year.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
It is a head scratcher. Would you have traded away Caufield for a rental + 2nd round pick last trade deadline? Give your head a shake.

Adding 2nds does nothing for Oilers and Chiarot is certainly not worth a 1st to EDM.

The only argument Habs fans can make about Chiarot being worth a 1st is that in the real world GMs overpay at the deadline. It literally happens every year. A 1st for him is an overpay. Will Holland make that trade? I dunno. I hope not.

Holloway is such a ridiculous ask I don't think we need to beat that particular horse any more.

Reactions: spaghtti and LTIR

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

For the third post in a row (and to echo what I have said before), if you wouldn't have traded Caufield for the package a year ago, we aren't interested in trading Holloway for it today. I think that is a safe statement.

I do think we have another very good forward prospect though in Xavier Bourgault. He looked really good in camp. So let's hold back on the "only relevant forward prospect" stuff.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
For the third post in a row (and to echo what I have said before), if you wouldn't have traded Caufield for the package a year ago, we aren't interested in trading Holloway for it today. I think that is a safe statement.

I do think we have another very good forward prospect though in Xavier Bourgault. He looked really good in camp. So let's hold back on the "only relevant forward prospect" stuff.

True, but we ARE a bit thin there. Another reason why Holloway is untouchable, or close to it.

The second tier guys like Lavoie or Petrov are available and are worth something for sure.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Tyler Tullio, Carter Savoie, and Matvei Petrov are having very good years as well.

I'm actually not convinced that the Habs system has much over the Oilers system in terms of forward prospects. I'd take Holloway and Bourgault over any of them, depending on whether you see Caufield as a prospect or not

Last edited:

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
La isnt making it into playoffs and oilers need quick and doughty realistically if they want to get far into the playoffs and la needs to retain on doughty and will get compensated.
To edm
Quick 1m retained
Doughty 5m retained

To la
Kosk
Barrie
Broberg
Savoie
22 1st
24 1st
23 2nd
24 3rd

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
What are you smoking.

Just trolling lol. But seriously out of the goalies out there quick should be #1 on oilers radar. I mean maf is starting to pick it up in chi but i have more faith in quick than maf imo but i mean either would be good. But we need to improve d as well. Gio isnt what oilers need unless its at 50% and barrie needs to go and get a better dman on the right side. I also saw that just after Olympic break if pitt isnt in playoff race their looking at blowing up the team and if thats the case they should be going after letang especially if oilers acquire maf. Also the rumors about kessel i hope they arent true tbh.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Oilers should make a deal where they find a LD and a 3C and as a package could give up a first plus a salarydump like Russell.

McNabb + random center for K Russell and 2022 1st?

Goalie, yes, would be nice. But they doesnt cost that much (strange considering how important they are)

Last edited:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

How likely is it that this guy gets traded in the near future?

He's certainly not the surefire deadline rental, but he'd probably be a decent stopgap to play with Barrie until Nurse and Keith are ready to go.

How much does Seattle ask for in a Jarnkrok and Fleury for Turris and Lagesson swap?

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
What are you smoking.

in all honestly i think oilers should pass on kessel he hasnt produced this year and i dont know if hell be the same playoff kessel as he was in the past but i think who we should have come over is eberle, but his cap hit might be a bit much for the oilers. ive said it before but i think reilly smith should be on the oilers radar as well last yr of his contract and hes a playoff performer. i know he plays for vegas so thatll be a hard sell but if we can convince them theyll need the cap space once they have their reg back i think theyd be more inclined to do so. we would have to trade yamo to vegas plus but then hit up someone elsewhere. nuge-drai-eberle/smith will be a great 2nd line. i would say kadri then we have another center but i get flamed on from people also hes not as good in the playoffs. but i think eberle/smith( ideally), chariot, maf or quick, and a rd thats better than barrie defensively would be the pieces they need to go deep in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad