Proposal: Defensemen to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Reactions: TFHockey

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I remember when the Oilers got into injury trouble during the Pistol Pete era and he went out and got Petrovic and Manning.

LOL. I hope Holland does better.

Reactions: TFHockey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'd keep an eye on the waiver wire and/or see who could be available for middle picks.

We're 13-5 and Nurse is only out for 5-6 games. No idea on Keith. Koekkoek isn't much of a loss since Broberg is better than he is right now anyway.

Just need to stop the bleeding for now.

Reactions: GOilers88

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The 2nd being in 2023 + Lavoie having a bad start makes me lean no

I think the Oilers 2nd in 2022 is spoken for in the Keith trade. Lavoie is a good prospect, so a slow start shouldn't mean much. Geez, talk about what have done for me lately! lol

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Edmonton's acute need today doesn't change the fact that the NHL calendar increasingly slots most player movement in either the offseason or closer to the trade deadline. There's a long time between now and then. Even underperforming teams that already know they are going to be sellers need someone to play throughout the dog days of the season.

Not many impact players are going to move in the interim. It might be easier to shake loose a No. 4 and a depth player to plug holes in the dike for the moment, and then look for an impact player as the deadline approaches.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
The problem is you cant trade your 2nd atm given the conditions on it. So he may have to bite on the 1st.

It's true and an issue... and we don't have a 3rd either.

We do have a 2023 2nd though - if the Canadiens were interested in that. I understand that they might not be interested in the delayed pick though.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'd keep an eye on the waiver wire and/or see who could be available for middle picks.

We're 13-5 and Nurse is only out for 5-6 games. No idea on Keith. Koekkoek isn't much of a loss since Broberg is better than he is right now anyway.

Just need to stop the bleeding for now.
Doesn't Nurse have a broken finger? Broken fingers generally take longer than 5-6 games to heal... or am I wrong?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Giordano makes alot of sense IMO. Would be such a heal move and I would love the storylines it would create.

McNabb will cost less and is probably the best choice if they're looking bottom 4 as I could see him being re-signed to an affordable deal.

McNabb makes the most sense for me as well, but why would Vegas make that deal? There is non-zero chance that Vegas and Edmonton meet in the playoffs, so why help the team you might need to go through to get to the conference finals? If I'm Vegas, I look elsewhere for a trading partner.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
McNabb makes the most sense for me as well, but why would Vegas make that deal? There is non-zero chance that Vegas and Edmonton meet in the playoffs, so why help the team you might need to go through to get to the conference finals? If I'm Vegas, I look elsewhere for a trading partner.

Vegas will need to unload salary when everyone is healthy. I would think they would prefer to move him elsewhere though.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Depends on the finger and how its broken. Lots of players, especially D, can play with a finger that is healing.
Yeah, assuming his digit isn't snapped in two he shouldn't be out for long.

Right now, the only real issue in the lineup is Lagesson, and he had some good games last year so we may be able to make it through this with minimal bleeding depending on how Broberg fares as our #1D LD and Bouchard as our #1 RD. Talk about throwing the kids into the deep end.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I think a 2nd and a B prospect and a salary like Russell would be fairer, but it is hard to judge the real world market at times.
nope. for all his wrinkles, bergevin rarely loses trades. he'll auction chiarot off when he gets his 1st and prospect

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I think the Oilers 2nd in 2022 is spoken for in the Keith trade. Lavoie is a good prospect, so a slow start shouldn't mean much. Geez, talk about what have done for me lately! lol

I mean he didn't have a great year last year either to be fair. Wasn't bad but he had an okay Ahl start (19 games isn't much I know but it's what we have)

In total he has 13 points in 32 ahl games, that's close to what Poehling put up (13 points in his first 36 ahl games) so it isn't exactly an encouraging total.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I certainly hope not. He isn't worth a 1st under normal circumstances, but perhaps Holland feels too much pressure right now to make a deal and pulls the trigger?

McNabb is a less sexy choice but certainly would not cost that.

you may be right that he isnt worth a 1st under normal circumstances on his own, but he is a top 4 D that did very well in the last playoffs; i imagine that there may be a few suitors for him and the demand would make him worth a 1st.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah I agree with folks that Chiarot will likely fetch a late 1st rounder from somebody near the TDL. Every year people say "they won't get a first rounder for player X (who is a D)" and then year after year, that ends up happening. GMs that think they have a chance of winning it all just can't help themselves. Especially if they know their 1st round pick is in the mid 20s.

Reactions: Homesick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad