Proposal: Defensemen to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Well considering we’ve lost our entire left side, all of them?

Nurse
Keith
Koekkoek

That’s our left side that are the usual starters who are all injured right now.

Reactions: TFHockey

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I assume with the injuries you are thinking of a trade in the near future rather than the deadline?
Considering the cap situation Edmonton would either need to send back a cap dump or get significant retention, either of those would up the acquisition price. Giordano is pretty much off the table because of his salary I think.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I assume with the injuries you are thinking of a trade in the near future rather than the deadline?
Considering the cap situation Edmonton would either need to send back a cap dump or get significant retention, either of those would up the acquisition price. Giordano is pretty much off the table because of his salary I think.

I'd assume you could get any 3 for a prospect +2nd with the level of prospect varying for each.

Yeah, and some $$$ has to go the other way. The Oilers have suffered some important injuries on the back end in a short amount of time.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Based on the past couple years prices you are probably looking at

Chiarot at 50%

For

2022 1st + Russel ( or a different short term cap dump)

Sounds like an overpay and I'd be mad if my team did it but Savard got a 1st, Martinez 2 2nds, Scandella got 2nd + 4th (and he's definitely worse than chiarot)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

I think we have to make a trade immediately. Our starting goalie is also on LTIR right now and who knows when Smith will be healthy.

Broberg is arguably the best LHD we have right now, and he should be playing as the #1 D in all situations down in Bakersfield in the AHL or limited 3rd pairing minutes. We’ve done a good job of not rushing prospects in the past few years and it’s paying off, I don’t want Broberg to be rushed as he’s finding his game.

Broberg
Russell
Lagesson

That is the LHD depth chart with our entire left side injured. All kinds of yikes.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Chiarot at 50%

For

Sounds like an overpay and I'd be mad if my team did it but Savard got a 1st, Martinez 2 2nds, Scandella got 2nd + 4th (and he's definitely worse than chiarot)

I think a 2nd and a B prospect and a salary like Russell would be fairer, but it is hard to judge the real world market at times.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Chiarot at 50%

For

I want us to target Chiarot as well, but I’m not sure we can swap Russell as the cap dump right now given he also needs to play on the left side right now.

As noted, our entire usual left side starting D are injured. Russell is a 6/7 D man at this point but he’s frankly needed while our other guys are down.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
so we need retention, dollars going the other way and only a second is being sacrificed. think those with defenseman will just wait until the offers improve a bit . will circle back in a couple weeks. it's gonna be a real sellers market this year with 20-22 teams competing for 16 spots .

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I think a 2nd and a B prospect and a salary like Russell would be fairer, but it is hard to judge the real world market at times.

I don't disagree, I'd be upset if my team gave up a 1st for Chiarot. I'm basing my guess on the past couple deadlines and the Monstrous Playoffs he had last year.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
The league should block even the idea of Gio going there. Just disgusting.

Hopefully the C they gave him jacks up the price.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I want us to target Chiarot as well, but I’m not sure we can swap Russell as the cap dump right now given he also needs to play on the left side right now.

As noted, our entire usual left side starting D are injured. Russell is a 6/7 D man at this point but he’s frankly needed while our other guys are down.

Replace Russel with Turris? He also only has one year left.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
From Mtl's perspective, Chiarot had some great playoffs and may have great value at this point. I think he fetches a 1st for sure

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
From Mtl's perspective, Chiarot had some great playoffs and may have great value at this point. I think he fetches a 1st for sure

I certainly hope not. He isn't worth a 1st under normal circumstances, but perhaps Holland feels too much pressure right now to make a deal and pulls the trigger?

McNabb is a less sexy choice but certainly would not cost that.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Giordano in Oiler colors would be gross. Thankfully he still has his partial NTC.

Holland should just give up a 1st for Chiarot.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I think we have to make a trade immediately. Our starting goalie is also on LTIR right now and who knows when Smith will be healthy.
How long are your dmen going to be injured? I know Nurse is just a broken finger, that's a short term thing. Keith is just listed as day to day.
If it's only a week or 2 I think you just need to ride it out. The Oilers have built up a decent cushion early on, a couple of losses aren't going to nuke their season.
Goaltending is another thing altogether, I think they need to sacrifice some assets to get a solid veteran in. Skinner has looked good but you need another option at some point.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
How long are your dmen going to be injured? I know Nurse is just a broken finger, that's a short term thing. Keith is just listed as day to day.
If it's only a week or 2 I think you just need to ride it out. The Oilers have built up a decent cushion early on, a couple of losses aren't going to nuke their season.
Goaltending is another thing altogether, I think they need to sacrifice some assets to get a solid veteran in. Skinner has looked good but you need another option at some point.

Nurse isn't out long term, true. Keith is day to day as far as I know but at his age, like Smith, such an injury can be a nagging one.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Chiarot at 50%

For

Your proposal is reasonable. The Oil are in a bind. Don’t help them out with a sweetheart deal. Make it hurt a little.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
If we give up a 1st for any of those guys then Holland needs to be included in the trade.

hollands gives away 2nd like candy but seems to hang onto 1sts.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If we give up a 1st for any of those guys then Holland needs to be included in the trade.

hollands gives away 2nd like candy but seems to hang onto 1sts.

The problem is you cant trade your 2nd atm given the conditions on it. So he may have to bite on the 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad