Celtics/NBA Defending Champs STOP, White & Tatum Extended STOP, Team for Sale STOP

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Since when is the group wth Pags and co (49%) selling as well?
The entire team is being sold 100 %. Pags and company (18 others) own 49 % now. After the sale that group may own the same, more or less percentage depending on what happens with the sale. When a ownership group puts a team up for sale everyone must sell. The new owners could be Pags group and others. buying the team say for $6 Billion, Wyc and Irv take 51%. Pags and his (18 partners) group could be part of the new total ownership group. PAGS says he wants to own more. I hope so.

Reactions: rfournier103

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Jaylen Brown has a response to the word that Derrick White will replace Kawhi Leonard. Brown felt snubbed again. Brown put out a text without word just

1720636948054.png
no I⁷

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The entire team is being sold 100 %. Pags and company (18 others) own 49 % now. After the sale that group may own the same, more or less percentage depending on what happens with the sale. When a ownership group puts a team up for sale everyone must sell. The new owners could be Pags group and others. buying the team say for $6 Billion, Wyc and Irv take 51%. Pags and his (18 partners) group could be part of the new total ownership group. PAGS says he wants to own more. I hope so.

I genuinely don't think any of this is correct.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jaylen seems pretty mad at Nike about being snubbed for the Olympic team. He has criticized them before and they’re a main sponsor for the team- people kinda putting 2 + 2 together on that one

He really should be on the team, there’s no excuse for him not to be

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

The NBA has agreed to terms on its new media deal, an 11-year agreement worth $76 billion that assures player salaries will continue rising for the foreseeable future and one that will surely change how some viewers access the game for years to come.

A person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press that the networks have the terms sheets, with the next step being for the league’s board of governors to approve the contracts.

The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity Wednesday because they weren’t at liberty to discuss such impending matters.

The deal, which set NBA records for both its length and total value, goes into effect for the 2025-26 season. Games will continue being aired on ESPN and ABC, and some will be going to NBC and Amazon Prime. TNT Sports, which has been part of the league’s broadcasting family since the 1980s, could be on its way out, but has five days to match one of the deals.

ESPN’s main nights would continue to be Wednesday with some Friday and Sunday games.

The return of NBC, which carried NBA games from 1990-2002, gives the league two broadcast network partners for the first time.

NBC would showcase games on Sunday night once the NFL season has ended. It will air games on Tuesdays throughout the regular season, while a Monday night package of games would be exclusively streamed on Peacock.

Prime Video would have games on Thursday night after it is done carrying NFL games. Its other nights would be Friday and Saturday.

NBC and Prime Video would alternate who carries the other conference final.

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A principle owner selling doesn't mean everyone has to sell. Didn't happen in Phoenix.
Pags bought 8% who knew or cared

Controlling interest of 51% is seismic

seems like we are setting up for a yowza in the end here

FSG everyone says no way with no stadium or massive lux tax but Henry is in business with Jacobs and somehow this seems plausible

Just let Charlie Jacobs/Amy Latimer run DNC/Bruins it’s working well except for gsme 7 Blues & 5 Florida

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Felger and Mazz trying to talk about why Brown isn't on Team USA and why isn't he "a marketable star" is beyond cringe inducing. It's plainly obvious why Brown isn't "a marketable star" and it's because the people in the legacy media aren't doing their job and actually talking about the next wave of big name stars, because they are all guys that the media didn't anoint as stars to watch for like they did with Ja Morant, Zion Williamson, Lonzo Ball, Ben Simmons, and Markelle Fultz. Brown wasn't selected to be "that next guy" by the media, so they don't give him the time of day. It has nothing to do with a dynamic between Tatum and Brown. It has to do with the NBA media being lazy and not wanting to do their job properly advertising the stars of the game.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I love Brown but it’s still crazy there are so few players in the NBA better than him so his snub is big news. We probably have 5 top 25 guys maybe even top 20. Porzingas blew me away in person when I finally went to a game he played in this year G5 Dallas.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
And it’s probably a good time to sell the team. My house is 500 feet from a train station into North but I loathe Jacobs and would love a second venue to pull concerts away from him and host a WNBA team as well. The Celtics might end up being more dominant and for long than folks think. If Flagg goes to some garbage org he’ll just play out the rookie deal and come here after when it’s time for Brown or Holiday or someone to move on anyway.

Lakers have a loser owner that doesn’t have any income outside the team similar to Marc Davis. Whomever gets us will be loaded outside of basketball. If Pags becomes the face great if he stays #2 also good.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I hope Jaylen Brown is pleased that he received an ESPYS award. Please let this be enough to fill his EGO. I don't think it is. His EGO could destroy him, I hope it doesn't.

IMO he received an award he didn't deserve, The MVP of the NBA Championship Round.

He was MVP of one game during that round IMO. PORZINGIS, HOLIDAY & TATUM were MVPs of other games in that round. No One on the Celtics Team deserved the MVP game award for the game they lost or didn't compete in. So IMO we have 4 MVPs for that round. I think the Celtics won that round because of the coach Joe Mazzulla, so IMO he is the MVP of the NBA Championship Round.

So Jaylen won his MVP of the Conference Championship Round. Jaylen can believed he was snubbed from the NBA Defensive team.He can believed he was snubbed from not being selected for the USA Olympic Team. He can believe he was snubbed as the replacement of Kawhi on the USA team, funny he wasn't even on the team. Derrick White was on the team and next man up, buy Jaylen doesn't agree.

Jaylen believes that the World is against him, his EGO is hurt.

I hope he gets another ESPYS award to stroke his EGO.

Thanks Celtics TEAM that won as a TEAM. Thanks Jaylen for being on that TEAM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad