Pre-Game Talk: Deep Fried Wins. Oilers-Jets, Wednesday 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Looks like Bear might be ready to go and be chucked into the deep fryer.
Looks like Bouchard practicing on the left side of the deep fryer will be a left fry.
Looks like Ennis has bubbled up in the deep fryer to fry with Draisaitl and Honey Badger.
Looks like Kahun has dropped into the muck of the deep fryer to fry with Turris and Chaisson fries.
Looks like Shore is being taken out of the deep fryer to cool off with the taxi squad.
Looks like Smith had the excess grease wiped off as he left the deep fryer early yesterday, will hopefully finish frying tomorrow.
My guess is Neal will be plopped back in the deep fryer to sizzle with Khaira and Archi who have fried well lately.
Not sure if Lagesson can fry tomorrow or if Jones might be tossed back into the deep fryer.

My projected fries:

RNH - McDavid - PJ
Ennis - Draisaitl - Honey Badger
Neal - Khaira - Archi
Kahun - Turris - Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Bouchard - Bear
Jones - Larsson (assuming Lagesson can’t go)

Smith
Koskinen has the frying pan.

Prediction:
Oilers will pull a greasy win out of the deep fryer against the Jets.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Looks like Bear might be ready to go and be chucked into the deep fryer.
Looks like Bouchard practicing on the left side of the deep fryer will be a left fry.
Looks like Ennis has bubbled up in the deep fryer to fry with Draisaitl and Honey Badger.
Looks like Kahun has dropped into the muck of the deep fryer to fry with Turris and Chaisson fries.
Looks like Shore is being taken out of the deep fryer to cool off with the taxi squad.
Looks like Smith had the excess grease wiped off as he left the deep fryer early yesterday, will hopefully finish frying tomorrow.
My guess is Neal will be plopped back in the deep fryer to sizzle with Khaira and Archi who have fried well lately.
Not sure if Lagesson can fry tomorrow or if Jones might be tossed back into the deep fryer.

My projected fries:

RNH - McDavid - PJ
Ennis - Draisaitl - Honey Badger
Neal - Khaira - Archi
Kahun - Turris - Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Bouchard - Bear
Jones - Larsson (assuming Lagesson can’t go)

Smith
Koskinen has the frying pan.

Prediction:
Oilers will pull a greasy win out of the deep fryer against the Jets.

That's a lot of frying.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
I agree Turris has been a disaster. Sounds like Tippett had a long chat with him during practice today. Not sure where it's going but this cant last much longer with him costing us goals each game.
Hopefully it was to give him a heads up that he’ll be sitting once they activate Haas tomorrow.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
wP7GeZRsaXbGkGSJ03adVvuuUKc=.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Llamamoto said:
Kahuna and Draisaitl have definitely shown chemistry, the points will come for him soon.Stoneman89 said:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
That aged well.
Llamamoto, Jan 31, 2021 Report Bookmark

Enough with the chemistry experiment!

Although, I doubt stubborn old Tippett moves from it. Continues to pound square pegs into round holes.

Kahun practised with the bottom 6 today.
Ennis with Yamo and Tourist who was filling in for Draisaitl.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Out of curiosity are they your second team or tied with Canucks?
They’re my 2nd but the Oilers are right there TBH. I used to have an affection for all the Canadian franchises, though Calgary I find are tough to like, even with Marky and Tanev, the rest of the Team turns my stomach - and I’m not just saying that because I’m in your Board. I even joined a GDT with them a few weeks ago to cheer on my ex-Canucks and the antics of Tkachuk & Giordano had me leave the Thread.

I shared this in @Wen22 ’s comic thread, but when a few seasons ago my wife and I were in Edmonton visiting our Daughter and her family and took her & my son in law to watch the Sedin’s last game.

We wore our Canucks jerseys and bought Oilers tarps for them as anniversary gifts and everyone we ran into was giving us thumbs up and high 5’s and saying “One more Year!”

Everyone was friendly and even though both teams were eliminated from the playoffs, the game was still exciting, going into OT & then a Shoot Out, where the Sedins brought their children to the bench to watch.

It was a night of Hockey I’ll always remember and holds a special place in our heart. We make it an event to go each year, except this one of course.

Sorry for the long response, but honestly I enjoy sharing the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad