Proposal: DeBrincat to New Jersey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
When a young 50 goal (pace) top 3 goal scorer in the league is traded
the starting point is your teams best player, period.
- then the adding starts

Devils don't have good enough players, good enough assets to
get a player like Alex DeBrincat.

There is not a single player on that roster that i would want
and i'm high on Alexander Holtz.

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
New Offer

To NJ:
Alex DeBrincat

To Chicago:
Ty Smith
Alexander Holtz
2023 1st round pick (Top 5 protected, slides to unprotected 2024 if in the top 5)
That’s actually a fair offer.

But, I’d only trade Cat if he doesn’t want to sign an extension. That said, I’d take that offer and pay Cats uber

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Zadina+Hronek+2022 1st round pick top 10+2023 2nd round pick is just as good as your offer maybe more
Zadina is looking pretty bustish at this stage. No way can he be the base of a trade this big. Debrincat is a hell of a player. Zadina sure isn’t. Chicago would need a player that can be the base of this deal. Not a non lottery first.

Detroit should be shopping Zadina for someone that is an equally disappointing high pick.

thesaadfather

Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
It seems a likely assumption that is Chicago makes the decision to trade him, it’s because Debrincat has made it known he’s not sticking around through a rebuild.
Nobody has said that. Just that Chicago is listening to everybody. Freidman said that he was basically untouchable unless they got a monster offer for him. He hasn't asked to be traded.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Nobody has said that. Just that Chicago is listening to everybody. Freidman said that he was basically untouchable unless they got a monster offer for him. He hasn't asked to be traded.
I never said he did. All I said was that IF he did request to be traded, New Jersey doesn’t make sense as a destination

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Would love Debrincat here. Don't want to part with Holtz. Smith is having sophomore slump but is still very young and defensemen take longer to develop. We have the assests to trade for him but I doubt he wants to come here and Chicago I'm sure wants to keep him. The kid is one of the best gol scorers in the NHL. You don't move him unless you are doing a full rebuild. Chicago is in an interesting spot where as a rebuild makes sense but prior management backed themselves into a bit of a mess by bringing in Jones long term and not moving on from Toews and Kane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad