Dear Mats Sundin

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Has anyone gone to one of these book signings?

I'm about to meet my hero tomorrow, just wondering if there's any heads up there.
Went to the one at Eaton Center Indigo. Don't expect to talk to him for long, they moved people pretty quickly and to their credit it was fairly organized and smooth, they had segregated everyone into grouped timeslots based on when you checked in. They also offer to take your phone and snap some candids while he is doing the signing which was nice. You can probably get away with bringing an extra piece of memorabilia to sign, they were even selling second copies of the book to people in line that he would also sign in addition to the copy included with your ticket, it would just not be personalized with your name. As expected he was classy and nice, but he also was a bit stressed/rushed from how fast they were ushering people through (he had a second signing to get to later in the evening in Orangeville that was sold out). Either way it was awesome to meet him

• Love
Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Went to the one at Eaton Center Indigo. Don't expect to talk to him for long, they moved people pretty quickly and to their credit it was fairly organized and smooth, they had segregated everyone into grouped timeslots based on when you checked in. They also offer to take your phone and snap some candids while he is doing the signing which was nice. You can probably get away with bringing an extra piece of memorabilia to sign, they were even selling second copies of the book to people in line that he would also sign in addition to the copy included with your ticket, it would just not be personalized with your name. As expected he was classy and nice, but he also was a bit stressed/rushed from how fast they were ushering people through (he had a second signing to get to later in the evening in Orangeville that was sold out). Either way it was awesome to meet him
This all sounds pretty good and thank you so much for relaying your experience. I'm honestly a little nervous and yet this sounds great.

What do you mean segregated those into time slots?

This is the info I'm after. Are you saying the earlier the better? And I don't want to bother the guy at all. The surrealism of meeting the guy in any way is good enough for me (and supporting him and reading his story)

Born and raised in Canadastan btw.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
This all sounds pretty good and thank you so much for relaying your experience. I'm honestly a little nervous and yet this sounds great.

What do you mean segregated those into time slots?

This is the info I'm after. Are you saying the earlier the better? And I don't want to bother the guy at all. The surrealism of meeting the guy in any way is good enough for me (and supporting him and reading his story)

Born and raised in Canadastan btw.
No worries, and yes, go earlier. I think the check in opens a half hour before the signing starts. I got there at 11:25 (check in was supposed to begin at 11:30, and the signing started at noon) and they were already checking people in so I scanned my ticket where they gave me the book and a sticky with my name on it, then told me I was in 'group 5' and to come back at 12:30, they also gave me a card that had my group number and timeslot on it. I then went to line up where the signing was happening at 12:30 and they verified and took my time card, after which I only waited for 15 minutes before I got to meet him. My understanding is that the timeslots were about 10 minutes for each group? But could be wrong. I was hella nervous as well but made sure to just tell him that he made me into a Leaf fan, inspired me with his leadership and professionalism and I was grateful for everything he did for the team. He thanked me for the 'kind words' and was very humble.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
No worries, and yes, go earlier. I think the check in opens a half hour before the signing starts. I got there at 11:25 (check in was supposed to begin at 11:30, and the signing started at noon) and they were already checking people in so I scanned my ticket where they gave me the book and a sticky with my name on it, then told me I was in 'group 5' and to come back at 12:30, they also gave me a card that had my group number and timeslot on it. I then went to line up where the signing was happening at 12:30 and they verified and took my time card, after which I only waited for 15 minutes before I got to meet him. My understanding is that the timeslots were about 10 minutes for each group? But could be wrong. I was hella nervous as well but made sure to just tell him that he made me into a Leaf fan, inspired me with his leadership and professionalism and I was grateful for everything he did for the team. He thanked me for the 'kind words' and was very humble.
Cool!

Right, I think I'll try and get there earlier than suggested, thinking 11am.

Reactions: 1specter

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
20241024_120844_HDR.jpg
20241024_120848_HDR.jpg

20241024_131335_HDR.jpg

Wow, so glad I went to this! Haha. I can't even remember what I said or what he said. Dude is so genuinely nice!

Reactions: ACC1224

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Not sure how many more stops he has, but I showed up like 1h 10 minutes early and was in group 2. There was a lot of people there, many who didn't buy tickets (good luck to those people) and there were people I was talking to who were in group 20 which is where I think they capped it.

So yeah, if you're going to see him, show up an hour early and you won't be waiting long at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad