Dear Mats Sundin

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
How about a Mats Sundin in a front office role?
Love this idea.
Reverse the current organizational bias against mid roster Swedes while youre at it, and get Thommie’s heir more picks to use.
Vic was a nice one, but we need more.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
  • Love
Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Does this guy think Sundin posts on this board or something? lol.

It looks like he's parodying Eminem's music video "Stan," That video has the lines, "I sent two letters back in autumn; you must not have got 'em. There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'. Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em"

Anyway, true story here: About 12 years ago, I posted links to hockey drills videos of mine that I filmed in my basement on Sundin's Facebook page, and he liked the post!!! I wish I still had a screenshot. I also asked about his daughter (who was a baby at the time). He said he and his wife hadn't yet decided on a name for her.

Seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Last edited:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Got tickets for the Wednesday, pretty pumped.

Dangle and Wylde asked him about this, he seemed to leave the door open for it once his kids get a bit older. I'd love to see it personally
Canceled my Amazon pre-order, picking it up in person signed by the man himself on Thursday at Oshawa Indigo!

Should be fun? Obviously gonna deck out in Leafs gear. Maybe I can get him to sign the 3 on my Kadri jersey?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Canceled my Amazon pre-order, picking it up in person signed by the man himself on Thursday at Oshawa Indigo!

Should be fun? Obviously gonna deck out in Leafs gear. Maybe I can get him to sign the 3 on my Kadri jersey?
If you can get your hands on Sundin hockey card before then that might be the way to go if you have nothing else of his to be signed

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
If you can get your hands on Sundin hockey card before then that might be the way to go if you have nothing else of his to be signed
I have his Topps rookie card.

I feel like players don't like signing cards though. And I think I'd prefer a jersey signing like I say on the 3 on a Kadri 43 jersey because that kinda makes sense and it's obviously for me not for selling since it's not a Sundin jersey.

But who knows? He might not be open to signing anything other than his book? Like can I get a selfie with him? I'll find out I guess.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I have his Topps rookie card.

I feel like players don't like signing cards though. And I think I'd prefer a jersey signing like I say on the 3 on a Kadri 43 jersey because that kinda makes sense and it's obviously for me not for selling since it's not a Sundin jersey.

But who knows? He might not be open to signing anything other than his book? Like can I get a selfie with him? I'll find out I guess.
It says you get to sign one piece of memorabilia in addition to the book.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Can you keep me up to date on this book signing thing?

I'm not the type to get star struck, and hate to bother someone.

But for sure I'd consider just saying "hey" to Sundin and him autograph his own book.

I also don't know where K-W is, at first thought Kingston, but now I'm thinking that's like Kitchener/Waterloo type thing.

I haven't heard a thing about a tour in kwbut it's fairly standard practice for authors to do a tour.

however, with his family though it might only be in the GTA when he visits or in Sweden.

I'm actually thinking about buying two copies. One to read one to hopefully get auto

Last edited:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
It says you get to sign one piece of memorabilia in addition to the book.
Well shit. I have always wanted a St Pats jersey, maybe I should see if I could get one before Thursday (Sundin obviously)

I haven't heard a thing about a tour but it's fairly standard practice for authors to do a tour.

however, with his family though it might only be in the GTA when he visits or in Sweden.

I'm actually thinking about buying two copies. One to read one to hopefully get auto
Look up a bit, I posted the tour dates.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Well shit. I have always wanted a St Pats jersey, maybe I should see if I could get one before Thursday (Sundin obviously)

Look up a bit, I posted the tour dates.

Ya didn't see the post on phone skipped to quote

Got tickets for the Wednesday, pretty pumped.

Dangle and Wylde asked him about this, he seemed to leave the door open for it once his kids get a bit older. I'd love to see it personally

He has a role with Team Sweden at the world cup I think. Probably will at the OG too

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario

Problem with card signings is the modern ones are too glossy to get signed and the older ones that will take ink are so common you're taking a card worth 1 cent and making in worth 1 dollar.

I have hundreds of his rookie cards it was the peak junk card era

Get a photo or puck or jersey or stick kind of stuff

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Problem with card signings is the modern ones are too glossy to get signed and the older ones that will take ink are so common you're taking a card worth 1 cent and making in worth 1 dollar.

I have hundreds of his rookie cards it was the peak junk card era

Get a photo or puck or jersey or stick kind of stuff
Another idea.

I was in a commercial with David Clarkson for Kraft Hockeyville. It aired once during the Red Wings vs Leafs Winter Classic thing.

I was at work when this went down, had no idea. Next thing you know I'm in a commercial and yeah.............You can imagine what I was thinking.

Anyway, long story short, I have a signed David Clarkson Kraft Hockeyville puck. How amazing would it be to also have Mats Sundin's sig on there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad