1specter

Sep 27, 2016
  • Love
Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Does this guy think Sundin posts on this board or something? lol.

It looks like he's parodying Eminem's music video "Stan," That video has the lines, "I sent two letters back in autumn; you must not have got 'em. There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'. Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em"

Anyway, true story here: About 12 years ago, I posted links to hockey drills videos of mine that I filmed in my basement on Sundin's Facebook page, and he liked the post!!! I wish I still had a screenshot. I also asked about his daughter (who was a baby at the time). He said he and his wife hadn't yet decided on a name for her.

Seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Last edited:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Got tickets for the Wednesday, pretty pumped.

Dangle and Wylde asked him about this, he seemed to leave the door open for it once his kids get a bit older. I'd love to see it personally
Canceled my Amazon pre-order, picking it up in person signed by the man himself on Thursday at Oshawa Indigo!

Should be fun? Obviously gonna deck out in Leafs gear. Maybe I can get him to sign the 3 on my Kadri jersey?

Reactions: Sundinisagod

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Canceled my Amazon pre-order, picking it up in person signed by the man himself on Thursday at Oshawa Indigo!

Should be fun? Obviously gonna deck out in Leafs gear. Maybe I can get him to sign the 3 on my Kadri jersey?
If you can get your hands on Sundin hockey card before then that might be the way to go if you have nothing else of his to be signed

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
If you can get your hands on Sundin hockey card before then that might be the way to go if you have nothing else of his to be signed
I have his Topps rookie card.

I feel like players don't like signing cards though. And I think I'd prefer a jersey signing like I say on the 3 on a Kadri 43 jersey because that kinda makes sense and it's obviously for me not for selling since it's not a Sundin jersey.

But who knows? He might not be open to signing anything other than his book? Like can I get a selfie with him? I'll find out I guess.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I have his Topps rookie card.

I feel like players don't like signing cards though. And I think I'd prefer a jersey signing like I say on the 3 on a Kadri 43 jersey because that kinda makes sense and it's obviously for me not for selling since it's not a Sundin jersey.

But who knows? He might not be open to signing anything other than his book? Like can I get a selfie with him? I'll find out I guess.
It says you get to sign one piece of memorabilia in addition to the book.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Can you keep me up to date on this book signing thing?

I'm not the type to get star struck, and hate to bother someone.

But for sure I'd consider just saying "hey" to Sundin and him autograph his own book.

I also don't know where K-W is, at first thought Kingston, but now I'm thinking that's like Kitchener/Waterloo type thing.

I haven't heard a thing about a tour in kwbut it's fairly standard practice for authors to do a tour.

however, with his family though it might only be in the GTA when he visits or in Sweden.

I'm actually thinking about buying two copies. One to read one to hopefully get auto

Last edited:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
It says you get to sign one piece of memorabilia in addition to the book.
Well shit. I have always wanted a St Pats jersey, maybe I should see if I could get one before Thursday (Sundin obviously)

I haven't heard a thing about a tour but it's fairly standard practice for authors to do a tour.

however, with his family though it might only be in the GTA when he visits or in Sweden.

I'm actually thinking about buying two copies. One to read one to hopefully get auto
Look up a bit, I posted the tour dates.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Well shit. I have always wanted a St Pats jersey, maybe I should see if I could get one before Thursday (Sundin obviously)

Look up a bit, I posted the tour dates.

Ya didn't see the post on phone skipped to quote

Got tickets for the Wednesday, pretty pumped.

Dangle and Wylde asked him about this, he seemed to leave the door open for it once his kids get a bit older. I'd love to see it personally

He has a role with Team Sweden at the world cup I think. Probably will at the OG too

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario

Problem with card signings is the modern ones are too glossy to get signed and the older ones that will take ink are so common you're taking a card worth 1 cent and making in worth 1 dollar.

I have hundreds of his rookie cards it was the peak junk card era

Get a photo or puck or jersey or stick kind of stuff

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Problem with card signings is the modern ones are too glossy to get signed and the older ones that will take ink are so common you're taking a card worth 1 cent and making in worth 1 dollar.

I have hundreds of his rookie cards it was the peak junk card era

Get a photo or puck or jersey or stick kind of stuff
Another idea.

I was in a commercial with David Clarkson for Kraft Hockeyville. It aired once during the Red Wings vs Leafs Winter Classic thing.

I was at work when this went down, had no idea. Next thing you know I'm in a commercial and yeah.............You can imagine what I was thinking.

Anyway, long story short, I have a signed David Clarkson Kraft Hockeyville puck. How amazing would it be to also have Mats Sundin's sig on there?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Mats Sundin is fine with being tracked down.

The former Maple Leafs captain has been the proud owner of a couple of franchise marks that appeared fairly safe until 2016.

The clock, however, is ticking.

Sundin registered 420 goals and put up 987 points in his 981 regular-season games with Toronto. Star centre and current captain Auston Matthews, who scored an outrageous 69 times in 2023-24, sat just 50 goals back heading into Monday's action.

The top pick at the 2016 NHL draft also had 653 points in 567 contests ahead of Toronto's game against the Tampa Bay Lightning — a pace that should have him within shouting distance of the team's scoring record in the coming seasons.

"That's why we have records," Sundin said in a recent interview. "They're supposed to be broken. Auston, if he keeps playing the way he has, he could be doing it as early as this year in terms of the goal record.

"Maple Leaf fans are fortunate to have a player like him."

Sundin, who is promoting his book "Home and Away," spent some time around the Leafs during training camp.

The franchise icon came away with a good feeling about a team that never tasted glory in his 13 seasons from 1994 through 2008, and has a Stanley Cup drought dating back to 1967.

"I really like the team," he said. "I'm very impressed with the personnel."

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
For the people who missed the joke and haven't heard the song, "Stan" before, I strongly recommend that you take the time to give it a listen, as it a) brilliant, b) a classic (shit we're old). Whether you like Eminem or not, the song tells a compelling story. To up the ante, if you can't listen to a seven minute song, even if you don't like it, you can't complain about kids these days and their TikToks. You should complain about kids and their TikToks, so give the song a listen.

Sundin is a true childhood idol, and I'm sad for the kids who grew up in the post-lockout era of the Leafs who didn't have such a vibrant cast of characters. I love Phil Kessel too, but he's not a quiet Swedish giant. Matthews and co might be that for today's kids, may they achieve the same success and more that Mats did.

Reactions: 1specter

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
For the people who missed the joke and haven't heard the song, "Stan" before, I strongly recommend that you take the time to give it a listen, as it a) brilliant, b) a classic (shit we're old). Whether you like Eminem or not, the song tells a compelling story. To up the ante, if you can't listen to a seven minute song, even if you don't like it, you can't complain about kids these days and their TikToks. You should complain about kids and their TikToks, so give the song a listen.

Sundin is a true childhood idol, and I'm sad for the kids who grew up in the post-lockout era of the Leafs who didn't have such a vibrant cast of characters. I love Phil Kessel too, but he's not a quiet Swedish giant. Matthews and co might be that for today's kids, may they achieve the same success and more that Mats did.
I'm old and music is my favourite thing on the planet.

I'm not huge on hip-hop personally. But I'm sure I've heard this Stan song before.

But for christs sake, what does this have to do with the OP and Mats Sundin?

I mean talking about attention span, some guy was attacking the OP for his handle, because he expressed his love for Sundin, and now we're all talking about him and he has a book coming out and you can go meet him if you are lucky enough to live in Leafs nation.

Like, some of the posts on here just blow my brains.. we're back to the "stan" thing?

I'm good btw. I can listen to a 7 minute song no problem. I won't even get into an artist if they can't putout a good album beginning to end.

Are we talking about this? THIS?

Yeah, heard that shit a long time ago. Has nothing to do with the OP.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com

I'd love to know the compelling story it tells. Watch it again. His mom is worried about him, he's been acting strange and well a mother know.

He dyes his hair blonde or something, then gets in his moms face in a way I would never approach my mother, and then his mother immediately takes a shit on the toilet.

What a gangsta life Slim Shady lived there.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I'd love to know the compelling story it tells. Watch it again. His mom is worried about him, he's been acting strange and well a mother know.

He dyes his hair blonde or something, then gets in his moms face in a way I would never approach my mother, and then his mother immediately takes a shit on the toilet.

think you missed the whole point of the song mate. it has nothing to do with mothers? Eminem has also never claimed to be a gangster lol

Reactions: LeafGrief

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

My man, I recommended the song, not the music video. I've never seen the video before, I suggest you listen to the words. If you didn't want to talk about the Stan business, you didn't have to respond to my post (twice) and you don't have to keep reading this one. The OP names himself leafstan and then quotes the song directly then paraphrases further. The post is even having an attempt at matching the rhythm and meter of the vocals. It's a straight up faithful imitation, which I think is quite well done and I'm applauding OP for the concept and the execution.

The song is about a fan, named Stan, who's descent into neuroticism and madness is catalogued through a series of letters that he sends to Eminem, growing increasingly frustrated and angry that his hero hasn't responded to said letters, culminating in the murder suicide of Stan and his girlfriend. In the final verse, Eminem responds to Stan's letters with positivity and advice, before realizing in the final line that the violent news he heard the other week was actually Stan.

Okay, I just watched the video and you responded about the first minute and thirty seconds before the song even started. I don't even remotely care if you like Eminem or not, music and what is good is entirely subjective, and I don't actually care if anyone listens to the songs I recommend, but you just wrote three posts in a row over the course of about 45 minutes about a song that you clearly didn't listen to. C'mon bruh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad