Dear Mats Sundin

leafstan

Oct 19, 2024
Growing up you were my childhood hero

I remember the flack you got don cherry at the start your leaf career and the controversy behind your captaincy (I also experienced borderline racist memories with him as an immigrant child). I recall the days you played under the stoic Patt Quinn. When you still had hair under your jofa helmet. When Cujo left, or when Gilmour came back. When Almo had more points then you. Your 500th nhl goal off that slapper in OT. I recall you carrying us against the sens or our hearts being broken against Arturs Irbe in the playoffs. I remeber sending you a letter to your agency hoping for your autograph. I left my phone and adress number at the bottom. I sent two letters back in autumn, but you must not have got them. There must have been a problem at the post office or somethin’. Or maybe i was too sloppy on the address when i jot them.

I used to collect your hockey cards. I remember when i traded my prized secord year wayne gretzky opechee card for a bunch of swedish sundin cards that weren’t even in english. I knew i was ripped off but i didnt mind. I even stole money out my mamas purse to add sundin hockey card collection.

My collection is full of sentimental value, but probably not much monetarily but I would love to have you sign them and donate them to your charity.

Thanks for the memories and congrats on the new book. You have the beautiful family. I am grown 36 years old adult now but you will always be my hero.

Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back

Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan.

Number one Leafs Stan

Ps.. was it true you were a chain smoker too?

Attachments

• IMG_7571.jpeg
    IMG_7571.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7572.jpeg
    IMG_7572.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 1

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Growing up you were my childhood hero

I remember the flack you got don cherry at the start your leaf career and the controversy behind your captaincy (I also experienced borderline racist memories with him as an immigrant child). I recall the days you played under the stoic Patt Quinn. When you still had hair under your jofa helmet. When Cujo left, or when Gilmour came back. When Almo had more points then you. Your 500th nhl goal off that slapper in OT. I recall you carrying us against the sens or our hearts being broken against Arturs Irbe in the playoffs. I remeber sending you a letter to your agency hoping for your autograph. I left my phone and adress number at the bottom. I sent two letters back in autumn, but you must not have got them. There must have been a problem at the post office or somethin’. Or maybe i was too sloppy on the address when i jot them.

I used to collect your hockey cards. I remember when i traded my prized secord year wayne gretzky opechee card for a bunch of swedish sundin cards that weren’t even in english. I knew i was ripped off but i didnt mind. I even stole money out my mamas purse to add sundin hockey card collection.

My collection is full of sentimental value, but probably not much monetarily but I would love to have you sign them and donate them to your charity.

Thanks for the memories and congrats on the new book. You have the beautiful family. I am grown 36 years old adult now but you will always be my hero.

Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back

Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan.

Number one Leafs Stan

Ps.. was it true you were a chain smoker too?
I hope he answers, and says yes I was a chain smoker.

I heard he liked to snort some stuff too but I mean like the person saying that was actually at a party with him, a load of shit.

A book eh? I need to read that ASAP. Thanks for this thread it's cool!

Love Mats.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Book pre-ordered and arriving on Tuesday.

And then I find out Kadri just came out with one too..........I'll wait and read the Mats one first.

I don't really read books anymore which is a shame. Not sure what happened to me there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad