Movies: Deadpool & Wolverine

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Seeing it at 6 pm only because the US olympic game is 3-5.

The theater here is also selling chimichangas :laugh: and a deadpool popcorn helmet. f*** it, I'll buy it

• Haha
Reactions: BertCorbeau

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

So looks like 200M opening is still possible based on walkups of others movies this summer.

‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ To Tear Up The World With $360M Global Opening, Restoring Marvel Cinematic Universe Glory – Box Office Preview​

The current range for domestic on the new Deadpool movie directed by Shawn Levy and starring Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman is $160M-$170M, destined to be the biggest R-rated opening of all time, unseating the original Deadpool‘s $132.4M. Worldwide stands at $340M-$360M off an offshore start of $180M-$190M.

What about that domestic $200M opening forecast from a few weeks ago? What’s been habit-forming this summer is that several movies have been blowing away projections with big walk-up business from Latino and Hispanic moviegoers. That halo effect will certainly be in store for Deadpool & Wolverine; the other unknown factor in terms of overperformance is how many parents bring their kids. Reynolds himself told the New York Times, “My 9-year-old watched the movie with me and my mom, who’s in her late 70s, and it was just one of the best moments of this whole experience for me.” While Deadpool & Wolverine is violent, it’s arguably not as violent as previous chapters.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
It was great. It was everything you could want from a comic book movie.

Not everything has to be Citizen f***ing Kane.

Yeah, that was crazy when Frank Underwood showed up out of nowhere. Never thought I'd see Spacey in the MCU.

Haha, how many people got touched when he was on set do you rekon? 😂

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
I'm not sure if I'd take the over-under on him vs Singer

Brent Rambo GIFs | Tenor

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Movie wasn't actually that bad. One of the best I've seen that is up there with GOTG 3 and Endgame / Infinity War. But of course people are going to
bitch about the multiverse loopholes which the movie repeatedly poked fun at and mocked by breaking the 4th wall

At the end of the day this was an exceptional way to usher in the new properties that Disney acquired from FOX. Throw in the fitting Green Day tribute at the end credits and this is a movie well worth seeing.

10/10.

Few questions I had.

1. How did Wolverine grow his claws so big if they were originally very short and DP mocked him for it.

2. So wait...the whole multiverse thing is confusing as f***. They did do a solid job of tying it in but are we meant to believe multiverse Blade, Electra, Gambit and Logan Mutant Girl were all plucked from individual dimensions and taken to the void as punishment of some sort. I know Gambit says he believes he was born there but the others appeared to have previous lives. So why were they taken there. And will they return? The problem with the multiverse is that they cast great actors but they only do it for one movie. For instance in MoM they had Patrick Stewart and Jim from the Office but they appeared to be one-time cameos that won't play a part in future movies. It would be nice to have someone be introduced to the MCU and actually stay in the universe for some time. The good news is that Wolverine and Logan Mutant Girl from Logan appear to be set to live in DP's universe but what about Blade and Electra? And lol at Blade saying there could only be one. What about that mashama ali guy. Will he be Blade in the MCU?

Last edited:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Loved it.

Stayed true to the Deadpool trilogy while simultaneously being an MCU film (if that makes sense to you...but those who get it, get it).

There's one cameo I laughed my head off at

The Chris Evans cameo where he comes back as Johnny Storm when we all thought it was Cap...crazy funny. I laughed so hard when we got hit with that "FLAME ON!"

Channing Tatum as Gambit was wild, but I'm sure most people seeing the movie (well, half) have no idea he was supposed to play Gambit like 10 years ago and it just didn't work out. So half the audience will go nuts, half will be like "oh Tatum is this guy. Cool"

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Non spoiler review, does this "save the MCU"? No, hell no actually, is it fun, entertaining, a much needed change of tone and direction in a stale largely unimpressive,boring phase and the most bloody movie the MCU has done yet? You bet your ass it's all that, it rivals a Mortal Kombat game for blood sprays, dismemberments and impalings I'd wager.

Last edited:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Non spoiler review, does this "save the MCU"? No, hell no actually, is it fun, entertaining, a much needed change of tone and direction in a stale largely unimpressive,boring phase and the most bloody movie the MCU has done yet? You bet your ass it's all that, it rivals a Mortal Kombat game for blood sprays, dismemberments and impalings I'd wager.

I think it saves the MCU if they actually understand Deadpool's critique of the MCU AND START TO MAKE CHANGE.

Because what this movie told me is...they understand that they've been failing. Now it's up to them to change.

However, I'm not overly convinced yet because the ending of She-Hulk made fun of big CGI fight sequences with final bosses being *dumb* YET the very next series, Secret Invasion, ENDED WITH A FINAL BOSS CGI FIGHT SEQUENCE.

So anyway, it's trash until they show me otherwise but this DP gave me some serious hope.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think it saves the MCU if they actually understand Deadpool's critique of the MCU AND START TO MAKE CHANGE.

Because what this movie told me is...they understand that they've been failing. Now it's up to them to change.

However, I'm not overly convinced yet because the ending of She-Hulk made fun of big CGI fight sequences with final bosses being *dumb* YET the very next series, Secret Invasion, ENDED WITH A FINAL BOSS CGI FIGHT SEQUENCE.

So anyway, it's trash until they show me otherwise but this DP gave me some serious hope.

Haven't seen the movie yet, but if it really is a bloody, gory, dark comedy masterpiece so to speak... I hope this pushes Marvel to finally just be done with all of the PG13 stuff they had been doing and lean fully into the fact that a huge portion of those core MCU fans are indeed adults now.

I imagine Multiverse of Madness for example, could have been so much better if they just let it be an R rated horror movie instead of going that direction but stopping short leaning fully into it for thr sake of the rating.

Hopefully, we start to see more of the movies that push the limits again.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad