Movies: Deadpool & Wolverine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Cassandra Nova as a Professor X variant does make sense
Except she is not a variant but his twin basically. Crazy story of how she was created in the womb and Charles killed her or so it was thought but her powers kept her alive and she slowly took form after his birth etc etc. Ya know typical comic book evil twin story lol

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Except she is not a variant but his twin basically. Crazy story of how she was created in the womb and Charles killed her or so it was thought but her powers kept her alive and she slowly took form after his birth etc etc. Ya know typical comic book evil twin story lol
My thinking is the movie will go the easier route and just say she's a variant. I guess if any movie would have a scene where a fetus strangles another fetus to death in the womb with their umbilical cord it would be this one but I have doubts they'll go down that road.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
My thinking is the movie will go the easier route and just say she's a variant. I guess if any movie would have a scene where a fetus strangles another fetus to death in the womb with their umbilical cord it would be this one but I have doubts they'll go down that road.
Ya most likely since it makes more sense for the casual viewer than the crazy that is in the comics about her.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Tickets are on sale today.

Already a waiting line at the Alamo site for tickets. I'm 25th in line :laugh:

Also our local Alamo is selling pint glasses for the movie. I like it, I haven't gotten one since the Infinity War glasses that are still unused in my kitchen

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
We shall see how well or bad it opens but right now it is tracking to open at between $200M and $239M which would be the biggest R rated opening weekend and one of the biggest opening weekends ever putting it somewhere between 8 and 5 all time.

1720559276532.png

Reactions: John Price

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Too many trailers now. Show one 45 second teaser and then a few months later have a 90 second trailer. Done. I’ve stopped watching them after the initial trailer I see because too much is given away

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Too many trailers now. Show one 45 second teaser and then a few months later have a 90 second trailer. Done. I’ve stopped watching them after the initial trailer I see because too much is given away
They are desperate to make this work. Hopefully this desperation isn't represented in the actual movie.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
They are desperate to make this work. Hopefully this desperation isn't represented in the actual movie.
Desperate to make Deadpool & Wolverine work?
Even if it's recent Marvel/Disney level bad (doubtful), the hype has/will sell more than enough tickets to make huge profit.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Desperate to make Deadpool & Wolverine work?
Even if it's recent Marvel/Disney level bad (doubtful), the hype has/will sell more than enough tickets to make huge profit.
Look at the amount of trailers. It's insane. The fear is that this will be Fox level bad which is much, much worse.

• Haha
Reactions: beowulf

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Look at the amount of trailers. It's insane. The fear is that this will be Fox level bad which is much, much worse.
The insane amount of trailers is really more of a general Hollywood trend (teaser, preview, 3rd, 4th, final, etc.). It is quite annoying, as there is a lot of overlap, but they all toe the same line once someone does it "successfully".

I'm sure at this point Disney will take "Fox level bad" to land in the top 5 highest-grossing R-rated movies along with the previous two, and wash some of the taste of their recent failures out of the audience's mouths.

Of course I don't trust them enough to not follow it up with more actual garbage (Marvels/Eternals 2, maybe a She Hulk movie).

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
The insane amount of trailers is really more of a general Hollywood trend (teaser, preview, 3rd, 4th, final, etc.). It is quite annoying, as there is a lot of overlap, but they all toe the same line once someone does it "successfully".

I'm sure at this point Disney will take "Fox level bad" to land in the top 5 highest-grossing R-rated movies along with the previous two, and wash some of the taste of their recent failures out of the audience's mouths.

Of course I don't trust them enough to not follow it up with more actual garbage (Marvels/Eternals 2, maybe a She Hulk movie).
I guess I miss the days when every Marvel content really hit the spot specifically for me, just like the people who didn't like She-Hulk do. On a rational plane I should have easier with this and just watch the stuff I know I will like.

Considering I did not enjoy Fox X-Men Saga it is unlikely I will like this. And that is ok.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I guess I miss the days when every Marvel content really hit the spot specifically for me, just like the people who didn't like She-Hulk do. On a rational plane I should have easier with this and just watch the stuff I know I will like.

Considering I did not enjoy Fox X-Men Saga it is unlikely I will like this. And that is ok.
This movie is going to be more like an event mixed with comedy and fan service. Will it be good as a movie? I don't know.

It will be entertaining though and draw interest back into the Marvel films as evidence by the presales.

I've said this many times in all these posts; Marvel is Spider-Man, X-Men, Hulk, Fantastic Four, and Captain America. Those are their main properties.

The Avengers were relegated and only really brought back because of the movie rights issues. In the 90s X-Men, X-Force, Spider-Man did the comic numbers. The Avengers were the secondary team in the Bloodties Crossover.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
This movie is going to be more like an event mixed with comedy and fan service. Will it be good as a movie? I don't know.

It will be entertaining though and draw interest back into the Marvel films as evidence by the presales.

I've said this many times in all these posts; Marvel is Spider-Man, X-Men, Hulk, Fantastic Four, and Captain America. Those are their main properties.

The Avengers were relegated and only really brought back because of the movie rights issues. In the 90s X-Men, X-Force, Spider-Man did the comic numbers. The Avengers were the secondary team in the Bloodties Crossover.
I am a comic book fan so I am very familiar and agree with what you say, except that the X-force that I was used to was pre-Deadpool joining the team.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I am a comic book fan so I am very familiar and agree with what you say, except that the X-force that I was used to was pre-Deadpool joining the team.
Yeah they've done a lot with X-Force as the black ops team in the last 15-20 years. I really want to read the 2013-14 run with Storm as the leader and Puck on the team.

The original X-Force's success was short lived once Leifeld and the rest of the seven artists went to Image. They still had some great stories with X-Cutioner's Song and Zero Tolerance a few years later. Once Cannonball joined the Varsity Squad it was kind of over.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
i ain't watching that last trailer I've seen enough of this movie. Any more and I will be spoiled

Just gotta wait until Thursday night :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad