Value of: David Savard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Okay. Did so just now. Part II only, for sure, but, that's what was readily discoverable.

At first it was just Habs fans suggesting he'd be a good stand-in because Weber was injured and not able to play effectively anymore:

And then came the first "Savard is better than Weber" assertion from... wait a minute, that name looks familiar.

So, basically, it sure looks to me like you created an absurd strawman out of something otherwise reasonable and now are trying to build an accusatory narrative around it.
Are you being serious? So, they didn't say Savard was better than Weber? Or are you now flip flopping and agreeing Savard is better than Weber?

Are you really thinking that was the only thread Habs fans chased me around in that made these silly claims? Because that is what i was saying in that quote.

Silly little posters demanding proof, I give it, then they want to make sad little excuses.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Are you being serious? So, they didn't say Savard was better than Weber? Or are you now flip flopping and agreeing Savard is better than Weber?
Ah. So this is an "incapable of nuance" situation.

It's generally known that Wayne Gretzky is arguably the best center ever to play the game. I wonder why teams that have problems at center don't go pick him up. My own Blue Jackets, for example. It's like Kekalainen thinks someone like Boone Jenner is better than Gretzky.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He was a #4 in Columbus. When the Wings played CBJ I always thought he was pretty solid defensively, blocked shots, worked hard along the boards and kept his net clear. What's going on in Montreal? And is the problem solely on him being outmatched/played too high?

Savard took a step back last year, he wasn't second pair caliber. I haven't focused on him in Montreal so I don't know if he looks any differently there.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Ah. So this is an "incapable of nuance" situation.

It's generally known that Wayne Gretzky is arguably the best center ever to play the game. I wonder why teams that have problems at center don't go pick him up. My own Blue Jackets, for example. It's like Kekalainen thinks someone like Boone Jenner is better than Gretzky.
It is exactly as I wrote it literally. They said he was better than Weber. This isn't nuance, it is exactly what I wrote. Did you think we were talking 5 or years ago? Is that the level I'm dealing with here?

Are you now flip flopping and saying Savard the "Lummox", as one fan , who was also on the Savard train in the summer called him is better than Weber?

The lengths you are going to justify your completely false and over the top rude take is asinine.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It is exactly as I wrote it literally. They said he was better than Weber. This isn't nuance, it is exactly what I wrote. Did you think we were talking 5 or years ago? Is that the level I'm dealing with here?
I think you're assuming they meant "career" when they meant "right now, on the ice, as an immediate contributor" and you're working yourself up into a persecution complex rage over it.

Show posts in which that was clearly, unambiguously the position of a significant number of posters and maybe you can get the benefit of the doubt back again. Until then, I'm pretty certain you've convinced yourself of something that simply is not and was never true.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Savard took a step back last year, he wasn't second pair caliber. I haven't focused on him in Montreal so I don't know if he looks any differently there.

If he's still a serviceable as a #5, can play 19 minutes a night and PK/block shots then I'd take him.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
I think you're assuming they meant "career" when they meant "right now, on the ice, as an immediate contributor" and you're working yourself up into a persecution complex rage over it.

Show posts in which that was clearly, unambiguously the position of a significant number of posters and maybe you can get the benefit of the doubt back again. Until then, I'm pretty certain you've convinced yourself of something that simply is not and was never true.

You think wrong, which you would know if would read the posts, but more likely you have now twisted yourself into nonsense trying to defend your complely false and rude posts, which looks like a common theme in this thread.

You have got yourself so twisted to point where you can't even accept literal statements instead you try to explain you can't understand because of nuance aka figments of your imagination.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You think wrong, which you would know if would read the posts, but more likely you have now twisted yourself into nonsense trying to defend your complely false and rude posts, which looks like a common theme in this thread.

You have got yourself so twisted to point where you can't even accept literal statements instead you try to explain you can't understand because of nuance aka figments of your imagination.

She's right though. The majority of Habs fans that liked the signing thought he could replace an injured Weber, not that he is better than a healthy Weber.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
She's right though. The majority of Habs fans that liked the signing thought he could replace an injured Weber, not that he is better than a healthy Weber.
I would still disagree that Savard would be the Habs #2D like the injured Weber was.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The Habs could have got Ghost at 2 x $4.5m + a 2022 2nd instead of signing Savard for 4 x $3.5m.

Well maybe Savard has $4.5 Million dollars worth of intangibles. You ever think of that? No, you only think about yourself. :sarcasm:

Edit: Bonus points for your nickname!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I would still disagree that Savard would be the Habs #2D like the injured Weber was.
Concur. But that's not what was being asserted.

I wouldn't have suggested him as a #2D either (he was able to sometimes do that when he was still in his 20s, but it was sporadic and I wouldn't have counted on it as he crossed the 30s barrier), but that's a different argument.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Concur. But that's not what was being asserted.

I wouldn't have suggested him as a #2D either (he was able to sometimes do that when he was still in his 20s, but it was sporadic and I wouldn't have counted on it as he crossed the 30s barrier), but that's a different argument.

Can you just make a point. I have no idea what your goal in any of this is. Some of the people I'm talking about are posting in this thread. If they disagree with what I am saying they would be doing so. This isn't about them. It's about you and what you are trying to make it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Can you just make a point. I have no idea what your goal in any of this is. Some of the people I'm talking about are posting in this thread. If they disagree with what I am saying they would be doing so. This isn't about them. It's about you and what you are trying to make it.
My goal? I don't like poorly-done arguments over strawmen, especially when they're accusatory in nature towards other folks here. It's a principle thing.

And you seem to be assuming that folks would engage with someone they potentially perceive as a troll in order to set the record straight. I would not consider that to be a reasonable assumption.

Reactions: HOPE

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
My goal? I don't like poorly-done arguments over strawmen, especially when they're accusatory in nature towards other folks here. It's a principle thing.

And you seem to be assuming that folks would engage with someone they potentially perceive as a troll in order to set the record straight. I would not consider that to be a reasonable assumption.
I cant help what you are able to understand. The clearly is no strawman here, so you have no point at all. The only one making straw men is you. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I cant help what you are able to understand. The clearly is no strawman here, so you have no point at all. The only one making straw men is you. Keep up the good work.
Well, aside from misinterpreting folks saying "Savard as he is now would be better on the ice than Weber as he is now" as "Savard is better than Weber, full stop", and then mocking people over the latter argument that they didn't actually make.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Well, aside from misinterpreting folks saying "Savard as he is now would be better on the ice than Weber as he is now" as "Savard is better than Weber, full stop", and then mocking people over the latter argument that they didn't actually make.
You have have twisted yourself so hard you have no idea what you are doing anymore lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad