Value of: David Savard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
I'm not a big Dallas Stars guy, but I thought that Lindell was a decent defenseman, if not a very good defensive one?

why would you trade him for Savard? I'm suspicious
Ha ha—appreciate the honesty. Personally, I value cap space more than I do what Lindell brings to the table. This is especially the case because he will likely be forced out of the top-4 by Harley in short order. That’s the rationale for me.

Reactions: abo9

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hopefully to end the discussion here... Ottawa has only guys playing like #6-7 D-men after Chabot and Zub so they would really need to do something more than any other team.

I wouldn't take David Savard for free

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Just fire Ducharme, and bring in John Tortorella.

I'm sure he could learn how to not take questions in french.

Might even be easier if he doesn't understand what the journalist are saying about him and the team.

Win/Win

and risk having Suzuki wanting out? no thanks

Reactions: Devonator

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Ha ha—appreciate the honesty. Personally, I value cap space more than I do what Lindell brings to the table. This is especially the case because he will likely be forced out of the top-4 by Harley in short order. That’s the rationale for me.
I mean, Canucks will take him off our hands.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
savard sucks real bad. he prob has alot of negative value at this point.

tbh I think he would do average to fine on a good team in their bottom pairing playing max 15 mins per night. Thats where he does his best.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
savard sucks real bad. he prob has alot of negative value at this point.

tbh I think he would do average to fine on a good team in their bottom pairing playing max 15 mins per night. Thats where he does his best.

Where he does his best?

he has never averaged 15 min a night on any team in his entire career?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I wanted Savard a UFA for Detroit. I think on the interim he'd make for a good 2nd pair RD. Definitely a defensive upgrade over Hronek.

How about Lindstrom + a 4th for Savard?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I literally never saw this anywhere - and as a Jackets and Preds fan, that would have caught my notice.
Classic arguing with themself. Everyone does this on twitter when they wanna sound like know shit.

people make shit up like that all the time.

Not only nobody ever said that, majority of the habs fan hated the signing and hates it even more now.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Classic arguing with themself. Everyone does this on twitter when they wanna sound like know shit.

Not only nobody ever said that, majority of the habs fan hated the signing and hates it even more now.
Go check out the Dvorak thread before you start making shit up. Get a clue.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Savard from what I have seen has not been very good to start this year,he needs to turn it around for sure as he makes a bit of money

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013

I'm a habs fan and frankly, I tought the signing wasn't bad.

Not too long, not too expensive, the guy's supposed to be good defensively, big guy, physical, RHD, just won the stanley cup...

God was I wrong...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Go check out the Dvorak thread before you start making shit up. Get a clue.
Okay. Did so just now. Part II only, for sure, but, that's what was readily discoverable.

At first it was just Habs fans suggesting he'd be a good stand-in because Weber was injured and not able to play effectively anymore:
I am not that sure that Savard is a big downgrade compared to an injured Weber.
Savard replaces Weber (improvement due to weber injuried)
Kind of agree on the most part but Savard is certainly no replacement for Weber

And then came the first "Savard is better than Weber" assertion from... wait a minute, that name looks familiar.
I've even read Savard is better than Weber now.

So, basically, it sure looks to me like you created an absurd strawman out of something otherwise reasonable and now are trying to build an accusatory narrative around it.

Reactions: majormajor and HOPE

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
They signed a guy who was a #6 to be a #2. I'm shocked at this outcome.

He was a #4 in Columbus. When the Wings played CBJ I always thought he was pretty solid defensively, blocked shots, worked hard along the boards and kept his net clear. What's going on in Montreal? And is the problem solely on him being outmatched/played too high?

Reactions: Viqsi

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
your f***ing point? lol?

we're talking about Savard not Dvorak.

again, proves your making shit up
Do you not want to read or are you not able? I can lead a horse to water but I can't make it drink.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
When does a team trade a player right after signing him ? Almost never. Him and Petry aren't getting traded this year. A big maybe if Bergevin gets canned and the new GM does a firesale, but I still have doubts

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad