Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Most NHL defencemen, even a lot of the very best, don't really gain a foothold in the NHL until around their D+3 or D+4 season. It just takes time.

Also, let's not forget the tire fire of a development situation Reinbacher was in last year, which certainly did him no favours.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I can't give an answer to this post, because I don't believe RB has underwhelmed or is behind whatever curve you're taking about.
You don't recall what you wrote? Let's see if I can make what I was talking about more easy to understand...

. He doesn't have much, if any, deception on offense, which you generally expect from a top 5 pick,

Expectations about 5OA... That don't relate to the actual list of dmen picked 5OA of the past 24 years

The upside isn't clear yet, because he hasn't really adapted or grown into his game yet.
It is clear to many. And it's also quite evident his game has grown since being drafted.

I think people would have been disappointed with picking Heiskanen over Michkov, but would have immediately fell in love with his game right from his D+2 training camp.
Being disappointed then "in love" with a prospect from D to D2 speaks to pretty flimsy assessments.

I mentioned I like Reinbacher's game, the way he snuffs out players along the boards, how rangy he is, the first pass option, but he's still raw and the truth is he's not what you typically see from a top 5 pick in that kind of draft.
Interesting that you don't see the "upside" despite the abilities you speak to here.

"Not typical" compared to which of the 5OA dmen picked the past 24 years?

I'd say he's very much on par with the caliber of potential typically seen from 5OA drafted Dmen.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Most NHL defencemen, even a lot of the very best, don't really gain a foothold in the NHL until around their D+3 or D+4 season. It just takes time.

Also, let's not forget the tire fire of a development situation Reinbacher was in last year, which certainly did him no favours.

Good points

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I deleted some posts but i'm not cleaning this shit up, HF has NEVER allowed posts to be about the poster, respond to the topic not calling out a poster.

Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion, doesn't give you the right to call them out, discuss the opinion, not the poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad