Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Rein best D tonight.
I hope you are right. I didn't see the whole thing, but I wasn't a huge fan of what I saw. And I generally like Reinbacher. I also believe that even though I didn't like what I saw, it doesn't take away from his potential. I saw him make quite a few mistakes and get pressured into them. I think the AHL is where he should be next season. It's not like there was a ton of available space for him however.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Guhle will probably be back in time for the start of the season and Savard is the other lock on the RD.

David probably start in the AHL with Mailloux and that’s fine for now. Obviously camp is far from over but he could use 20+ minutes playing in all situations and getting used to the NA ice a bit longer.

Reactions: calder candidate

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I hope you are right. I didn't see the whole thing, but I wasn't a huge fan of what I saw. And I generally like Reinbacher. I also believe that even though I didn't like what I saw, it doesn't take away from his potential. I saw him make quite a few mistakes and get pressured into them. I think the AHL is where he should be next season. It's not like there was a ton of available space for him however.
He'll get the rythm of North American hockey. Timing ain't all there yet but it doesn't matter, it'll come with time and experience. When he plays you just see he sees the game at a fast pace, very cerebral player. He has attributes to be a very efficient NHL player, just need a bit of time to get there.

Reactions: Sam de Mtl

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Guhle will probably be back in time for the start of the season and Savard is the other lock on the RD.

Has Reinbacher done enough to beat Barron for the last spot on the RD? Don’t think so. Probably start in the AHL with Mailloux and that’s fine for now. Obviously camp is far from over but he could use 20+ minutes playing in all situations and getting used to the NA ice a bit longer.
He did enough. But he’ll be better served playing 20 + minutes in Laval if he’s only on a 3rd pair this year with the habs.

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't know, was he really the guy to draft. He seems ok but nothing special. Admittedly I haven't seen much of him and I'm trying to see what everybody else sees but i just don't. We passed on some good guys for him. I'd be more than happy if he pans out though of course. It's the only decision management has made that I'm iffy on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad