Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I think that's why Habs scouts hesitate between Leonard and Reinbacher. They don't wanted a player like him to potentially destroy the culture.

They don't hesitate to pick Demidov, because he have oustanding attitude.

Slaf, Reinbacher and Demidov have all oustanding attitude!
Exactly add to that , they all coachable . We saw with a player like kk that is not coachable how fast things can unravel .
I don’t see michkov as a coachable player

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Exactly add to that , they all coachable . We saw with a player like kk that is not coachable how fast things can unravel .
I don’t see michkov as a coachable player
Based on your personal interactions with him and conversations between you, him and the coaches? How exactly are you ‘seeing’ him as not coachable…

This forum posts such nonsense sometimes.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I like them but saying this with such certainty when Rein had a messy D+1 year and Demidov was just drafted is interesting. But I suppose its the teams board so its fine
I’m not knowledgeable enough to say anything definitively but the little I know, it’s not that controversial a statement.

There’s things that we’re not great about his NL year for sure. he was my guy at the draft but I wasn’t hesitant to call out his flaws that I could see in his NL videos.

But imo, he redeemed himself quite well in Laval from what I saw and heard. Needs to keep guys in Front of him off the rush but showed his more than considerable upside.

He’s a tremendous prospect. I could give a flying hecking frick what the Michkovians say, we’re damn lucky to have a Reinbacher in our prospect pool.

Reactions: bopeep

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Based on your personal interactions with him and conversations between you, him and the coaches? How exactly are you ‘seeing’ him as not coachable…

This forum posts such nonsense sometimes.
There is something called articles that we read . But seem you think our opinion on these boards not to your level , so why bother replying to people like us.
Those same articles that said he kicked his teammate out of the way instead of asking him to move , or stormed out of a training session . Mathias Brunet went in depth into that back last year .
But again we are all full of nonsense and you the guiding wisdom

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think that's why Habs scouts hesitate between Leonard and Reinbacher. They don't wanted a player like him to potentially destroy the culture.

I agree with all of this. And I'm very happy with Reinbacher. But still, the potential tools of Michkov are alluring. The hope would have been he could mature out of his personality issues. But Bobrov had more information than I did and they know more about projecting.

Btw, as this is the Reinbacher thread, we should probably find another thread to compare Michkov and Reinbacher. Perhaps the mods can create a separate thread since it's a topic that interests many but disinterests many others. And talking about Michkov isn't talking about Reinbacher.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Something like this, may be one of if not the biggest things, that HuGo is currently doing with the habs.
The most talented kid they want to pick to join the team also has to have some character traits and humility to join the group.
Hughes/Agent
Gorton/Executive

Both know some things about a bunch of kids, who have to interact with 20 other talented kids, in a small world during an 82 game season.
There seems to be a ridiculous amount of thought, on what both men want in a young hockey player, and behaviors and attitudes are a huge part of this guys. Huge...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm excited to see Reinbacher being here from the start and permanently. He also had a full off-season to train properly. It's not always easy for the draft-eligible kids as they are preparing for the combine, surely stressed with the interviews, the actual draft, post-draft interviews, development camp. And he had to go back-and-forth from Europe to NA for training and then back for camp.

So this off-season is less hectic for him and he can focus more on his training and preparing for rookie/Habs camps.

Also, I'm happy that it's Daniel Jacob coaching the D in Laval. Nothing against Buchberger, but I liked the job Jacob did before he left with Bouchard.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
There is something called articles that we read . But seem you think our opinion on these boards not to your level , so why bother replying to people like us.
Those same articles that said he kicked his teammate out of the way instead of asking him to move , or stormed out of a training session . Mathias Brunet went in depth into that back last year .
But again we are all full of nonsense and you the guiding wisdom
Glad you admit you have no actual idea or insight, you just read it in some random article by a Montreal media member, and frame it now as what you ‘see’.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm excited to see Reinbacher being here from the start and permanently. He also had a full off-season to train properly. It's not always easy for the draft-eligible kids as they are preparing for the combine, surely stressed with the interviews, the actual draft, post-draft interviews, development camp. And he had to go back-and-forth from Europe to NA for training and then back for camp.

So this off-season is less hectic for him and he can focus more on his training and preparing for rookie/Habs camps.

Also, I'm happy that it's Daniel Jacob coaching the D in Laval. Nothing against Buchberger, but I liked the job Jacob did before he left with Bouchard.
Hard to disagree with anything you said Adam. I think Habs fans will see why he was 5th overall this season. The kid can play.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hard to disagree with anything you said Adam. I think Habs fans will see why he was 5th overall this season. The kid can play.

And we also have to keep in mind that he might not be as productive as you think a 5th OA pick could be, even for a D. That doesn't mean he's a bust. All top pick D's aren't Cale Makars. His strengths could be more on the defensive side and in the transition. He might be a contributor to a goal even if he doesn't get a point.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
And we also have to keep in mind that he might not be as productive as you think a 5th OA pick could be, even for a D. That doesn't mean he's a bust. All top pick D's aren't Cale Makars. His strengths could be more on the defensive side and in the transition. He might be a contributor to a goal even if he doesn't get a point.
If he becomes a solid defensive, puck mover with 35 point production I am ecstatic

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Is that really worth a 5OA pick though? Don’t get me wrong that’s very valuable to have on the team but usually you can find those later in the first round, sometimes even the second round.
Olli Juolevi was a 5th overall. If we get a top pairing D that can play 24 minutes a night I will be happy. Not everyone becomes Cale Makar

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Is that really worth a 5OA pick though? Don’t get me wrong that’s very valuable to have on the team but usually you can find those later in the first round, sometimes even the second round.
So why were so many teams eager to take him at 5? And 6? And 7?

Why did Nemec go 2nd overall?
Why did Levshunov go 2nd overall?

Getting pretty sick of the continued moping for drafting the best D of a draft, who has the size and skating you dream of at RD, Just because people want us to become the Leafs or Oilers
I want to become Avalanche and Lightning type more

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I agree the GOOD jumps right out at you when you see him play. His issues were all about little positional errors that will be easily fixed.
Gotta love his first Professional goal in NA. Like Slaf it wasn't a cheapie. :naughty:
He'll end up being better offensively than many give him credit for.
I expect he'll do well in the secondary assist category because he'll get the puck to the right guys early and often.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
What? Like who? Seider was 6th.
Glad you admit you have no actual idea or insight, you just read it in some random article by a Montreal media member, and frame it now as what you ‘see’.

I thought Bissonnette was a Toronto guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Heffyhoof

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Seems you one of those ones that like to be right . So yea I have no proof , I was not in russia watching him do all the alleged things he did .
Anyways , if you don’t like my opinions , you invited to ignore them and call me whatever you want .
I simply state what I think , sometimes I am right other i am wrong . Like all on this board , of course with the exception of you ….

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
You are getting distracted by the points numbers.

If you get down to it, the primary role of a defenseman is to retrieve the puck in his zone, and jump start the offense, typically to a forward speeding in the neutral zone since D to D passes are less frequent than before. It doesn't matter how they do it and why they are good at it, as long as it's done. Teams will line up for guys who can do this consistently for long period of hard NHL minutes, no matter how many points they generate in the end.

Reinbacher just happened to be big, a very good staker, a RD, and do the above very well for a young guy, and in a pro league. He's like, very very good at this. That's why he was so hyped up as the best D of the draft.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Seems you one of those ones that like to be right . So yea I have no proof , I was not in russia watching him do all the alleged things he did .
Anyways , if you don’t like my opinions , you invited to ignore them and call me whatever you want .
I simply state what I think , sometimes I am right other i am wrong . Like all on this board , of course with the exception of you ….
Is it too hard to stop yourself from smearing the character and person of a teenager you've never seen play?

Brunet didn't do primary reporting, he repeated hearsay. You don't think that -- maybe -- things get distorted when it's fourth-hand knowledge? On the other hand, you don't cite articles and quotes which paint Michkov's character in a good light, or as totally ordinary... I wonder why...

It's a discussion thread for David Reinbacher and we still have to endure half-baked character assassination against Michkov. What did we do to deserve this?

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Is it too hard to stop yourself from smearing the character and person of a teenager you've never seen play?

Brunet didn't do primary reporting, he repeated hearsay. You don't think that -- maybe -- things get distorted when it's fourth-hand knowledge? On the other hand, you don't cite articles and quotes which paint Michkov's character in a good light, or as totally ordinary... I wonder why...

It's a discussion thread for David Reinbacher and we still have to endure half-baked character assassination against Michkov. What did we do to deserve this?
To start I don’t have enough power to smear anyone let alone a player. I am stating my opinion of that player and in this case it is not positive .
My words on a message board have zero consequences on his life or career .
The only thing that will happen is either I will be right or wrong …. Same for every opinion on this board .
I have read enough to form that opinion . For his career sake , I hope I am wrong . Believe me I won’t get any pleasure if he fails or the opposite if he succeed .
It is sad to see how many on this board take things too personally if one states an opinion that is not theirs .
As I always respect someone else’s opinion , and I assume in this case your is that we have not see anything but hearsay about that kid, all I could say again is let’s agree to disagree. No harm in that . And hope the kid does the best he can and we can revisit this a year or two or three from now .

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad